Policies & Procedures
- 2017-18 Student Handbook
- Behavioral Consequences/Consecuencias de Comportamiento
- Dress Code/Código de Vestimenta
- Early Dismissal Policy
- Important Information Regarding Attendance Policies
- PLC Day Information
The office is experiencing a large number of students leaving school early without Early Dismissals.
Please take a moment to review Serrano's Early Dismissal policy to help with the Early Dismissal process:
Students wanting to leave early from school must bring a note from parent to the attendance window before school with the time and name of person who is intending to pick the student up from school. The student will be given an Early Dismissal slip which allows them to leave class and be waiting in the office for parent to sign them out. These early dismissal slips are very important as the student may often be in P.E. or an assembly, etc. and be difficult to reach. If unable to send a note, a call to the office at (949) 586-3221 will ensure your student is ready to be picked up in a timely manner.
Serrano has early out days every Wednesday, with students being dismissed at 1:52. The schedule was created to give teachers additional time to collaborate in their Professional Learning Communities (PLC).
Teachers will use this time to:
- Continue the integration of Common Core Standards and its practice in their teaching
- Continue the use of common assessments to gauge student learning
- Continue the use of formative assessments to guide instruction
- Use the data team process to see what students know and what strategies are effective for teaching the different curriculum
- Sharing ideas / strategies that are increasing student learning in the class
- Ensuring that every student learns the material needed for them to be successful in high school
- Getting our students career and college ready