- Annual Notification to Parents (ANTP)
- DATA CONFIRMATION REQUIRED READING / Serrano School Forms
- All Students: Data Confirmation (July 30 to Aug. 30)
- All Students: Hawk Walk Registration (8th Grade Aug. 14 / 7th Grade Aug. 15)
- First Day of School/Opening Day Instructions
- New Student Registration
- Registration FAQ
- Webstore (Student Purchases)
- State Required Immunizations and Student Medications
Please follow the steps below to complete the Data Confirmation process and to prepare your forms and transactions for Hawk Walk Registration.
Step 1 - Parent Portal Account
If you already have an active Parent Portal Account, proceed to the next step. If you do not already have a Parent Portal Account, create an SVUSD Parent Portal Account through the SVUSD Family Portal. An SVUSD Parent Portal Account (not a Student Account) is required to register. (See Step 1 below.) All Data Confirmation paperwork will be completed on-line and brought to Hawk Walk.
NOTE: it is common for parents to use the Family Portal with a STUDENT account unknowingly, but they need to use their PARENT account instead of a student account for Data Confirmation.
How do I know if I have a Parent account in Family Portal? When logged into your Family Portal account, go to the Profile tab. Check the Linked Portal Account email area for the email and type of account. Type P is Parent account and Type S is a student account.
Step 2 - Receive yellow letter / yellow envelope about Serrano Intermediate prior to Hawk Walk (mailed late July)
As in all previous years, you will receive a yellow letter / yellow envelope in the mail. This will contain detailed information Hawk Walk registration and dates.
Step 3 - Annual Notification(Print, Sign & Return Data Confirmation Form / Annual Notification to Parents Signature Form)
Complete DATA CONFIRMATION. Go to the AERIES Family Portal. Follow all prompts and tabs within the Data Confirmation pages to confirm or correct your student's data. (Use Helpful Screenshot Instructions if needed.) In the Data Confirmation window, you will need to do the following:
- Review and update demographic and emergency contacts and medical information
- Print and sign the required forms (Print, Sign & Return Data Confirmation Form / Annual Notification to Parents Signature Form)
- Return to parent portal to complete the data confirmation process
Step 4 - Hawk Walk (on August 14-15), see posted schedule for your date and time
Bring the Hawk Walk Checklist / Instructions to Hawk Walk on your assigned date and time with the following:
- Yellow letter / envelope (REQUIRED)
- Signed Annual Notification to Parents/Guardians Signature Card (REQUIRED)
- McKinney-Vento Assistance Form (REQUIRED)
- Optional Forms/Flyers (such as PTSA membership form)
- Picture forms will be available during Hawk Walk
Step 5 - 1st Day of School
Get Ready for the first day of school! Monday, August 27. Read or print out the following information that includes the schedule for the first day:
(These links will be updated soon!)
Hawk Walk Welcome Letter
HAWK WALK welcome letters will be mailed in late July. This letter provides instructions for Data Confirmation, Hawk Walk registration, and the first day of school. Save this letter and bring it to registration as proof of your address.
Please allow 1-1 1/2 hours to complete Hawk Walk registration. Families without necessary printed/signed forms will be directed to a classroom to complete their paperwork. This will add time to the registration process. If your child is unable to attend, please call the Serrano School Office at 949 586-3221.
Hawk Walk Registration (Gym)
Times to arrive (Alphabetical by LAST NAME)
- August 14 (8th Grade) & August 15 (7th Grade) Hawk Walk at Serrano Intermediate
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14
|A-F||8:00 - 9:00|
|G-M||9:00 - 10:00|
|N-S||10:00 - 11:00|
|11:00 - 12:00
*8th Grade make-up will be held Thursday, August 15 from 11:00 - 12:00.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15
|A-F||8:00 - 9:00|
|G-M||9:00 - 10:00|
|N-S||10:00 - 11:00|
|T-Z||11:00 - 12:00|
Monday, August 26 is the first day of school for both 7th and 8th grade students. School hours are 8:15am - 2:55pm.
Serrano Parking Lot Directions
Students will receive their schedules during the Hawk Walk registration on either the 14th or 15th of August. ON the first day of school, teachers, ASB and PAL students will be around campus to help guide new students to their classrooms. Zero period starts on Tuesday, August 27. PE uniforms will be distributed during the first week of school.
STOP HERE if your child is matriculating from a SVUSD elementary school or returning to Serrano as an eighth grader, please use the “Data Confirmation process to update existing SVUSD student info" link to the left.
These instructions are for students new to the district, or registering from private schools. In order to register online using AIR, you must have an email account.
Step 1 – To confirm that Serrano is your assigned school, please visit the My School Locator webpage
Step 2 – Go to the Aeries Online Enrollment website. Follow the prompts entering all data related to your student.
Step 3 – Complete and return for appointment the form: Registration Check List for New Students ( link below) Print, complete and bring all documents listed on this form to registration appointment.
Step 4 – Contact Hilda Espinoza (Grade 7) or Susan Trehy (Grade 8), Student Services Technicians/Guidance for an appointment. Ms. Espinoza can be reached at Hilda.Espinoza@svusd.org and Mrs. Trehy can be reached at Susan.Trehy@svusd.org. To assist with the registration process, please advise if there is any special education, 504 plan, or English testing for class placement.
Bring the additional required documentation to the registration appointment:
- Two proofs of address: A current gas, electric, water bill, lease and/or mortgage statement. (Not accepted: phone, cable, credit card, bank statements, etc)
- *(If you are not the primary tenant, a Residency/Co Residency Affidavit Form is required (link below).
- Birth Certificate – Certified copy or official for our copying
- Immunization records NEEDED for attending School
- Report Card or unofficial transcript, or Withdrawal grades (if applicable)
- Test history to include CAASPP scores
- Special Education – current IEP (if applicable)
- 504 Plan – current plan (if applicable)
SVUSD requires language testing for students with language other than English. Appointments at
To attend class on the first day of school, please check the SVUSD district website, or http://www.shotsforschool.org/k-12/ for a full list of immunizations required at the entry of 7th grade. This includes, in addition to others, proof of TDAP booster. If these were NOT presented at the elementary school, please bring them by the Serrano front office any time after August 7th.
Remember that all medications must be accompanied by a signed “Request to Administer Medications” form which can be found on the SVUSD website under “Resources,” then “Health Services.” Medications can be turned in by an adult starting at 7:30 a.m. on August 7, 2019. Any front office staff can help with this.