California Junior Scholastic Federation (CJSF)
- What is CJSF?
- What are the benefits of CJSF membership?
- What do I need to turn in to join CJSF?
- CJSF Application Procedure:
- What is Honor Membership?
- What awards do CJSF Honor members receive?
- What activities must CJSF members participate in?
- What happens if I receive a referral or suspension when I am a member of CJSF?
- When are community service hours due?
CJSF prepares the student for high school and beyond. Membership also brings with it the opportunity to participate in activities which benefit the school, the community, and the student. Getting involved in extracurricular activities outside of class, e.g. band, CJSF, Leadership, Yearbook, drama or even volunteering, helps students discover what their real interests are and where they are heading.
- Students need to earn a minimum of 10 points on a trimester report card in at least 4 core academic courses (math, language arts, science, and social studies) to be eligible.
- Report cards grades: A = 3 points, B = 1 points, no points for grades C and below- A "D" or "F" in any course disqualifies a student from trimester membership
- $8.00 membership dues
A referral or suspension for ANY reason will result in your CJSF membership being revoked for the trimester during which the disciplinary action took place. However, you will be able to reapply for CJSF the following trimester. In addition to referrals or suspensions, any student who is otherwise eligible but who in the judgment of the Advisor and Principal is not eligible for ethical reasons may be disbarred from trimester membership.
Trimester 1 Information Meeting:
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
8th Grade Membership Drive:
Monday, September 25, 2017
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Service to friends and family (babysitting, etc) does NOT qualify as community service. Here are some ideas that you can look into. Make a call and inquire if they have volunteer opportunities.
- your local library
- local churches
- animal shelters
- beach and park clean-up events
- your elementary school
- animal rescue groups
- donation centers
- charity groups
- nursing homes
- race events
- holiday events