Announcements & Upcoming Events
Help us win $25,000 for our music program!
La Paz Intermediate has applied for a $25,000 grant for our fabulous La Paz Music Program. Mr. Robbins and his students have an incredible, award-winning program. What you may not know is that many of our instruments are forty years old and in a state of disrepair. We would love to have $25,000 to dedicate to the purchase of musical instruments.
How you can help! Vote at www.MyScholarDollars.com
- Vote for La Paz every day from Monday, March 12th through Friday, March 23rd.
- Share this information with everyone through social media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, snapchat, etc) asking them to vote each day and to share with all of their friends through social media.
- Remind everyone to vote through social media regularly…every other day, perhaps.
With everyone’s help, we know we can do it! Let’s support Mr. Robbins wonderful 25 years of dedication and commitment to the La Paz Music Program. Vote, vote, and vote again. Share, share and share again. Remind, remind and remind again!
The La Paz Intermediate school jazz ensemble performed at this year's Monterey Jazz Next Generation Festival, March 9-11. As one of only 6 middle school nation-wide to be accepted, they were treated to an outstanding weekend of jazz. Friday night the judges electrified the audience with their performance showcase, while Saturday included daytime performances with the top high school groups performing at night for top honors. On Sunday, La Paz performed at 10:00 am, and played to a full house in the Steinbeck ballroom of the Portola Plaza Hotel. La Paz was also awarded with the best trombone section award, one of only 4 awards given this year. All in all it was a fantastic performance and educational experience for our talented students, and it left us with a thirst to return again next year! Go Leopards!
On March 26th, students, staff, and family members of La Paz Intermediate will get together after school to make "no sew" fleece blankets for breast and ovarian cancer patients at MemorialCare Cancer Institute of Saddleback Memorial. Each blanket will also have a "thinking of you" card to go with each patient's blanket.
Things we need help with:
- Donate fleece in 2-yard increments (we need two-2 yard pieces to make one blanket). When picking patterns, please keep in mind that these blankets will go to adult women.
- Donate or lend us your fabric scissors-they are so much easier to work with than regular scissors!
- Donate gift cards to Michaels or Joannes, or cash, for supplies
- Donate ribbon to wrap up our blankets
Please drop off your donations in the front office by March 19th. School office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.