2017-2018 Elective Courses
- Advanced Band
- Intermediate Band
- Jazz Band
- Spanish (yearlong)
- STEM (yearlong and trimester long)
Theatre Production 7 is a year long elective class. Students will participate in a play and a musical. The musical will require some after school rehearsal time, usually in March and April. Students interested in joining this class must contact Mrs. Anderson at email@example.com for an audition.
Theatre Production 8 is a year long elective class. Students will participate in two plays and a musical. The musical will require some after school rehearsal time, usually in January and February. Students interested in joining this class must contact Mrs. Anderson for an audition.
Intro to Principles of Design, Elements of Art
and CTE Standards
1. Intro to DMA AND CTE procedures, Standards, basic drawing, digital photo, graphic design and iPad Apps.
2. Intro to Digital Photo and Adobe Workshop.
3. Intro to Principles of Graphic Design.
- Create a Google Doodle style drawing for weekly vocab word. Compete in “Doodle for Google” contest (volunteer basis).
- Learn the Rule of Thirds and the Golden Spiral for compositions. Learn how to take good photos. Learn how to take individual and group shots. Edit in Adobe.
- Create Photo album/portfolio for digital photo projects to use in Adobe
- Explore all Adobe iOS Apps and create a project using each.
- Intro to Graphic Design. Create a project from idea to concept, draw it, photoshop it, crowd source funding for production, write and film a commercial to advertise your product.
- 5. Video Production - Intro to the making a short video , sound, special effects. plot, camera angles, rule of thirds and music in Garage Band.
- Students will work on individual projects and in groups of two when learning new Apps and larger groups when needed for filming.