Are you a new student or continuing student to SVUSD?
- A new student is someone who will attend any school in SVUSD for the first time in August 2017.
- A continuing student is someone who attended any school in SVUSD during the 2016-2017 school year.
- New Student Registration
- All Students: Data Confirmation
- All Students: Leopard Run (On Campus)
- Fall Registration
- La Paz-Specific Forms
STOP HERE if your child is matriculating from a SVUSD elementary school or returning to La Paz as an eighth grader, please use the “Data Confirmation process to update existing SVUSD student info".
These instructions are for students new to the district, or registering from private schools. In order to register online using AIR, you must have an email account.
Step 1 – To confirm that La Paz is your assigned school, please visit the My School Locator webpage
Step 2 – Go to the Aeries Online Enrollment (AIR) website. Follow the prompts entering all data related to your student.
Step 3 – Complete and return for appointment the form: Registration Check List for New Students, Print, complete and bring all documents listed on this form to registration appointment.
Step 4 – Contact Mrs. DeLeon, Student Services Technician/Guidance for an appointment. Mrs. DeLeon can be reached at: 949.830-1720 or email: Danielle.Deleon@svusd.org. To assist with the registration process, please advise if there is any special education, 504 plan, or English testing for class placement.Bring the additional required documentation to the registration appointment:
- Two proofs of address: A current gas, electric, water bill, lease and/or mortgage statement. (Not accepted: phone, cable, credit card, bank statements, etc)
- *(If you are not the primary tenant, a Residency/Co Residency Affidavit Form is required (link below).
- Birth Certificate – Certified copy or official for our copying
- Immunization record to include TDAP booster, MMR 2 and HEP B series (see link below)
- Report Card or unofficial transcript, or Withdrawal grades (if applicable)
- Test history to include CELDT scores
- Special Education – current IEP (if applicable)
- 504 Plan – current plan (if applicable)
SVUSD requires language testing for students with language other than English
- Language Assessment for new student to SVUSD (pdf)
- Resident Affidavit Form - English (pdf)
- Resident Affidavit Form - Spanish (pdf)
- La Paz Registration Check List for New Students (pdf)
- New Student Registration Form (pdf)
- Immunization Guide (pdf)
- Notice of Immunization Requirements - English (pdf)
- Notice of Immunization Requirements - Spanish (pdf)
Data Confirmation window opens July 31st through August 28th, 2017.
Confirmacion en linea estara disponible del 31 de Julio al 28 de agosto, 2017.
Please follow the steps below to complete the Data Confirmation process and to prepare your forms and transactions for Leopard Run Registration.
Step 1 - Parent Portal Account
If you already have an active Parent Portal Account, proceed to the next step. If you do not already have a Parent Portal Account, create an SVUSD Parent Portal Account through the SVUSD Family Portal. An SVUSD Parent Portal Account (not a Student Account) is required to register. (See Step 1 below.) All Data Confirmation paperwork will be completed on-line and brought to Leopard Run.
NOTE: it is common for parents to use the Family Portal with a STUDENT account unknowingly, but they need to use their PARENT account instead of a student account for Data Confirmation.
How do I know if I have a Parent account in Family Portal? When logged into your Family Portal account, go to the Profile tab. Check the Linked Portal Account email area for the email and type of account. Type P is Parent account and Type S is a student account.
Step 2 - Data Confirmation (opens July 31)
Complete DATA CONFIRMATION. Go to the AERIES Family Portal. Follow all prompts and tabs within the Data Confirmation pages to confirm or correct your student's data. (Use Helpful Screenshot Instructions if needed.) In the Data Confirmation window, you will need to do the following:
- Review and update demographic and emergency contacts and medical information
- Print and sign the required forms
- Return to parent portal to complete the data confirmation process
Step 3 - Leopard Run (Thursday, August 17, 2017 from 8:00 am - 3:45)
Step 4 - 1st Day of School
Get Ready for the first day of school! Monday, August 28. Read or print out the following information that includes the schedule for the first day:
(These links will be updated soon!)
- Principal's Welcome
- Opening Day Instructions
- Dress Code
- Bell Schedule
- District Calendar
- School Map
La Paz "Leopard Run" registration will be on Thursday, August 17, 2017** from 8:00 am - 3:45
You MUST bring your postcard (will be mailed out mid-July) or two forms of address verification* in lieu of this postcard along with your printed update documents when picking up your Leopard Run packet on August 10, 11, or 14th.
The required updated documents you need to bring with your postcard are:
- Student Emergency card
- Data Confirmation print out
- McKinney Vento form
*Gas, water, and/or electric bill. Cable and cell phone bills are not acceptable address verification documents.
Please bring the above listed completed and signed forms to the school office on August 10, 11, or 14th to receive your Leopard Run Packet. The office will be open on those dates from 8;00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. We will be closed for lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
**If you cannot make it to the Leopard Run, the Mini Leopard run will be in the MPR only on August 28, 2017 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Fall registration for incoming 7th & 8th grade students
Registration is through the Family Portal (parent account) using the Data Confirmation process:
- The online window will be open on July 31st through August 28th, 2017.
- For more detailed instructions and information, please refer to the Registration - Data Confirmation Screen Shots for Parents.
- The online confirmation process must be done prior to receiving your Leopard Run packet on pick up day (August 10, 11, or 14)
- Updated immunization records are needed to attend school in the Fall.
- Students that are missing vaccinations must have proof of immunizations before August 25th. You may drop off your proof of immunization at the school office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. starting August 8th (we must have these records in before August 25th, or your student will not be able to attend school)
- There will be limited assistance with online student data updates on August 11th and 14th from 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. only.
Attention La Paz 7th grade students!
The La Paz 7th grade orientation for all incoming 7th grade students will be Friday, August 25th from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Students will report to the front of the gym promptly at 8:30 a.m. and bring nothing with them (no backpacks/purses or wallets). A snack will be provided. Students should wear comfortable clothing (students will be sitting on the floor).
We can't wait to welcome our new Leopards!
All required and optional La Paz-specific forms and documents will be available only during "Packet Pick-up" on August XX-XX from Xam-Xpm at La Paz Intermediate School.
Bring your yellow postcard or 2 proofs of address (current gas, electric or water bill - no phone or cable bills) to Packet Pick-up.
This is where you will receive your required and optional La Paz forms to bring to Leopard Run.