Tuesday, August 23 (THHS Pep Squad Fundraiser) 5 - 9 pm
Thursday, August 24 - (Coffee with the Principal) @ 9 am - Register
Thursday, August 24 - (Pep Rally) during Flex Time
Thursday, August 24 @ 3pm (Girls Golf vs El Toro - Dove Country Club)
Thursday, August 24 @ 6pm (Girls Volleyball -HOME vs Crean Lutheran)- Get tickets
Thursday, August 24 - HOME- Football Game @ 7pm vs Huntington Beach - Get tickets
Tuesday, August 29 @ 7pm in the MPR - (CIF Competition Cheer Team Parent & Participation Meeting) - information about tryouts on Sept. 12 will be given
Thursday, August 31 and Friday, September 1 (Girls Basketball Tryouts - 4pm -6pm)
As we enter the second week of high school, I want to address an exciting change that we will be experiencing together. This year, our school is adopting a new flex time schedule, which will allow students to have individualized attention, intervention and enrichment opportunities.
One of the first events that will take place during flex time is our fall sports pep rally, which is scheduled for Thursday. We will have the chance to come together as a school community to celebrate and support our talented athletes. Let's show them our unwavering school spirit and cheer them on!!
Following the pep rally, we will be having a home football game at 7pm in the THHS Stadium. I encourage each and every one of you to attend and show your support for our team. There's nothing quite like the energy and camaraderie of a home football game, and I know our team will greatly appreciate your presence in the stands.
As we navigate through this new school year and the exciting events it brings, I want to remind you of the importance of balancing your academic responsibilities with your extracurricular pursuits.
Remember, high school is a time of discovery, growth, and creating lasting memories. Let's embrace this new school year with open arms and make the most of every opportunity it presents.
I am confident that this will be an incredible year for all of us, and I look forward to witnessing your achievements and success throughout the year!
Thank you, and have a fantastic week ahead!
Ms. Alicia Foulk
Please feel free to e-mail: email@example.com or call our attendance line, (949) 460-2707 when your student will be absent for any portion of the day. These options are both available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Thank you for taking the time to notify us any time your student will be absent from school.
Hello Mustang Families!
The Guidance Office is open for students before school (at 8:00 am), during snack and lunch, and after school (until 4:00 pm) unless students have an appointment or it’s an emergency.
The THHS Student Handbook can be found on our website. Please review this document often with your student to remind them of school and classroom expectations when they are on campus.
- Parents/Guardians must call in student absences within 3 days of absence in order to excuse the absence.I f a student needs to leave school early, parents/guardians must check them out through the attendance office.
- Horseplay is unacceptable behavior; students must keep their hands to themselves at all times.
- Students must use social media responsibly. Cyberbullying/harassment will not be tolerated and will result in disciplinary action.
- Fighting/violence will not be tolerated and disciplinary action will be taken.
- Academic honesty is an important part of learning and if a student violates the rules, a progressive discipline plan will be implemented.
- Only Seniors and Juniors are allowed to go off campus during lunch and must show school ID when doing so. Freshmen and Sophomores are not to leave campus at any time during the school day.
- E-bike safety is extremely important for the safety of our students and community. Please review with your child the laws regarding bicycles. Helmets must be worn at all times while riding a bicycle and must follow motor vehicle laws. While on campus, students must walk bicycles, e-bikes, skateboards, and scooters and lock them on the proper racks provided.
- Students who need to recover demerits may do so by attending Saturday School, before or after school detention, lunchtime detention, campus beautification, and/or visiting the Mustang Meadow during lunch. More information will be posted on the school website.
- Juniors and seniors who have purchased parking passes must display the pass from the rearview mirror. Failure to park in the proper zone or without a permit will result in disciplinary action and may result in the car being towed at the owner’s expense.
- Juniors will be taking the CAASPP (state testing) and CAST this school year and it is extremely important for students to take the test seriously and prepare for the exam.
Say Something Reporting System
Say Something is an anonymous reporting system to let us know of potentially dangerous/harmful situations. Students/families may make a report by calling 1-844-5-SAYNOW, through the website at saysomething.net, or by downloading the Say Something App.
Our first FlexTime is Tuesday! You may review FlexTime expectations in the student handbook. All students must attend a FlexTime session with one of their teachers. They may check to see if a teacher has requested them or to schedule appointments. If a student chooses not to attend FlexTime, disciplinary action will be taken.
Students must bring their ID in order to check in to FlexTime. If they do not have an ID, they need to visit the student store during snack or lunch. Students must attend FlexTime; it is not optional.
- FlexTime was created to provide students with more individualized attention and intervention and enrichment opportunities. Research shows that all students can benefit from time with teachers outside of the regular classroom setting.
- FlexTime is held Tuesdays and Thursdays each week with the exception of modified schedules.
- FlexTime can be assigned by teachers at their discretion. Students may attend any of their teachers’ open sessions unless a teacher has assigned them a mandatory FlexTime session.
- If your first-choice classroom is full, you will need to have a backup plan ready in case this happens.
- Teachers hold FlexTime for their current students only; exceptions will be announced by individual teachers at their discretion.
- All students are expected to attend FlexTime. If a student chooses not to attend, this is considered truancy and will result in the following consequences:
- 1st offense: 1 demerit + parent notification
- 2nd offense: 4 demerits (Saturday School) + parent notification
- 3rd offense: 10 demerits + Loss of Privileges + parent notification
- Electronic devices are not to be used during FlexTime unless explicitly authorized by the teacher.
- Teachers and faculty may choose to use FlexTime for intervention and/or enrichment according to the needs of the students. Some examples of ways teachers, counselors and/or administrators may use it include the following:
- Specific interventions based on a standard or skill, Enrichment activities, Spirit events, Reassessments, Make-up assessments, Writing conferences, Counseling Office events, Counseling and mental wellness events
- Teachers and students will be utilizing a website called “FlexTime” through the Teachmore system in order to sign in and track FlexTime attendance. This system will allow teachers, students, and staff to locate students in an emergency.
- FlexTime can be a powerful school-day intervention. As such, FlexTime attendance data will be part of the data reviewed regularly by staff to support the academic success of all students.
- Students will be required to use their school-issued ID to sign in to the system in each teacher’s class.
- Teachers will be able to assign students to attend their FlexTime session through this system. Students will also be able to sign up for a teacher’s FlexTime session using this program.
Trabuco Hills has a NEW bell schedule for the 2023 - 2024 School Year!
THHS Coffee with the Principal
Coffee with the Principal on August 24th @ 9am via Zoom
"I am Hopeful Because…"
Submissions are due October 20th
Trabuco Hills School Site Council
Trabuco Hills Yearbook
Congrats to Coach Bassett!
Congratulations to our Boys Lacrosse Coach, Eric Bassett for being named Coach of the Year by the OC Register! Thank you Coach Eric and a well-deserved honor!
Trabuco Hills Pep Squad:
Attention to anyone who is interested in trying out for our CIF Competition Cheer Team. The Parent & Participant Information Meeting is August 29th at 7:00pm in the MPR. Tryouts are September 12th at 5:00pm in the Aux Gym. You will need to bring a $200 camp fee in a check made out to THHS Comp Cheer with you to tryouts. If you are not selected, it will be voided. USA mandatory summer camp is October 14-15, 9:00am - 4:00pm in the Aux Gym. Please make plans accordingly! We are aware that it coincides with our Homecoming Dance and will discuss this at the Parent & Participant Information Meeting. We hope to see all competitive cheerleaders there so we can take home first place at USA Nationals this season!! Thanks, Coach Cris.
Trabuco Hills Tennis
New Tennis Coach Announcement- Viktoriya Kozachuk
Please welcome Viktoriya Kozachuk!
Viktoriya is a USPTA-certified professional tennis coach. She was a top player in Ukraine before she came to play Division 1 tennis in the US. She received a full scholarship to Alcorn State University where she played #1 singles and #1 doubles and earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology. Viktoriya has been coaching top juniors , who are the winners/finalists of the biggest junior tennis events here in California. Many of her students compete at different national and international tournaments. Viktoriya has being working with USTA junior teams for the last 8 years . Her USTA teams have won Orange County league multiple times and won sectional Championship of Southern California 5 times . One of her team’s won a state championship and became the strongest team in the State of California . Many of Viktoriya’s students compete in college tennis at different levels (NAIA , Division I, II , III). Also , she has being working with high school students at different levels for many years . Many of them have play top positions on their high school tennis teams at many different schools all over Orange County.
Trabuco Hills Volleyball
Trabuco Hills Girls Basketball
Girls Cross Country
Girls' Cross Country transitioned from an 8-week summer camp to a week of practices last week. The team, currently comprised of 60 girls..... including 11 seniors, 11 juniors, 19 sophomores, and 19 freshmen, look forward to the upcoming season. First meet is Friday, September 1st -- a 10-team invitational hosted here at Trabuco Hills HS. Go Blue.
College Recommendation Letters
Do you need a counselor letter of recommendation for your college application. Please see our College & Career Planning Page for more information on the process.
Saturday School Dates
Meeting Location: Library
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
September: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th
October: 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th
December: 2nd, 9th & 16th
January: 13th, 20th & 27th
February: 3rd, 10th & 24th
March: 2nd, 9th, 16th & 30th
April: 13th, 20th, & 27th
May: 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th
Tuesdays: Before School in Room 101 7:24 am - 8:24 am, After School in Room 128 from 3:35 pm - 4:45 pm
Wednesdays: Before School in Room 101 7:24 am - 8:24 am, After School in Room 128 from 3:35 pm - 4:45 pm
Thursdays: Before School in Room 101 7:24 am - 8:24 am, After School in Room 128 from 3:35 pm - 4:45 pm
Lunchtime: Monday - Friday in Room 111
Hailey Borja is playing today in the semi-finals of the U.S. Women's Amateur Championship!
Hailey is from Lake Forest, attended Trabuco Hills, and now is a student athlete at the University of Michigan. As a junior golfer, Hailey spent many hours on our putting green and practice facility. Once she figured out she would get free range balls if she worked here, she joined our team for a few years and worked in player services.
For the U.S. Women's Amateur you first have to qualify for the event which is at Bel-Air Country Club this year. You then you have to finish in the top 64 to advance to match play. Hailey made it to the match play and has won her first 4 matches. Tune in to the Golf Channel today, and hopefully tomorrow, and join us