- A - G Requirements
- Community Service
- Course Descriptions
- Graduation Requirements
- Study Skills Guide
- Useful Links
- Academic Planning Guides (English and Spanish)
SVUSD graduation requirement includes 8 hours of community service. Please complete your hours (possible ideas are below). When completed, please fill out the Community Service Verification Form. Once you have your form signed, please submit the completed document to your Student Services Technician.
|Alpha Cuts||Student Services Technician|
Volunteer Match - Search by zip code (area) and keywordVolunteer Opportunities are listed online at:
- OneOC - Clearinghouse for volunteer opportunities and non-profit organization information. Provides daily, weekly, and monthly calendars of volunteer events; also searchable by location
- ServeNet - Search by zip code (area)
- County of Orange Volunteer Opportunities - everything from election day poll workers to environmental projects (Note: for many projects you must be age 18)
- Recycling at Santiago de Compostela Catholic Church - Come and help recycle the 2nd Saturday of every month in the lower church parking lot at 21682 Lake Forest Drive, Lake Forest, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. (949)951-8599
- Eco Surf Volunteers Beach Clean-ups - This volunteer organization stages beach clean-ups throughout the year along our coastline. Check their website for the next scheduled activities.
- Surfrider Foundation Saturday Beach Clean-ups - Volunteers are needed for Saturday beach clean-ups each month. Bags and gloves are provided. For further information, visit their or call (949) 206-2523.
- South County Outreach - Call Don Ruff, Volunteer Coordinator at (949) 380-8144, ext. 206 to check on volunteer opportunities. SC Outreach is located at 26776 Vista Terrace, Lake Forest, CA 92630.
- Second Harvest Food Bank - Numerous opportunities are available to assist with feeding the hungry in Orange County. Sorting and labeling is an easy way to start. Kids of all ages can plant seeds, pick weeds, and harvest at the Incredible Edible Park in Irvine. Check the organization's website for information.
- South County Safe Rides (SCSR) - Non-profit organization, sanctioned by the Boy Scouts of America and based out of Mission Hospital, that provides a safe and confidential ride home to youth in need.
- Families Forward - An non-profit community organization dedicated to helping homeless and low-income families in Orange County become self-sufficient.
Subject and Unit Requirements
Students need to complete 220 units of credit from coursework listed below:
|Subject (Units Needed)||Course(s) within subject||Grade Level(s)||Course Units|
|Social Science||World History||10||10|
|(30)||United States History||11||10|
|Mathematics||Various Math courses||9-12||Varies|
|Science||Physical Science Course(s)||9-12||10|
|(30)||Biology/Life Science Course(s)||9-12||10|
|1 additional Physical or Biology/Life Science Course||9-12||10|
|Physical Education||PE Course 1||9||10|
|(20)||PE Course 2||10-12||10|
|Fine Arts||Any course marked *** in the Course Description available on the SVUSD Guidance website||9-12||Varies|
|Elective Courses||Any course not used to meet the above subject requirements||9-12|
Students need four (4) years of attendance at the senior high school or its equivalent.
Grade Point Average Requirement
Students must earn a total GPA of 1.75 or above to receive a diploma.
Students must demonstrate grade level writing proficiency on a SVUSD benchmark activity, first attempted at Grade 10.
Community Service Requirement
Students must submit eight (8) hours of verified community service or equivalent project by the end of the first semester of the student's 12th Grade year.
Please visit the Saddleback College Honors Program for more information