Why Trabuco Hills?
Why Trabuco Hills? The answer is simple...BALANCE - we do it all, and we do it all well as you can see from our Trabuco Hills School Profile.
Our goal is to help our families develop well rounded citizens; critical thinkers, leaders, artists, athletes, and community volunteers. We believe in offering diverse academic and extracurricular opportunities to serve the wide ranging interest of our students. Trabuco Hills High School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, earning the full six-year term of Accreditation by WASC in the fall of 2014.
Trabuco Hills High School has been recognized as follows:
- California Pivotal Practice Award, 2022
- Golden Bell Award, 2020
- #1 in Saddleback Valley Unified High Schools, 2021-2022
- 24 Advanced Placement Course Offerings
- 1144 AP Exams Taken by Trabuco Hills Students in the 2021-
- 2022 school year with a 77.7% pass rate
- 241 AP Scholars in the 2021-2022 school year
- International Baccalaureate Member School; 32 full diplomas awarded in the 2021-2022 school year (100% of candidates)
- California Exemplary Career Technical Education School
- National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- California Distinguished School
- California Excellence in Arts School (1 of 3 high schools named in the State of California)
- 2006-2011 CIF CA Finalists in Girl's Cross Country
- 2012, 2016-2021 CIF CA State Finalists in Boy's Cross Country
- CIF Championships in Basketball, Football, Volleyball,
- Wrestling, Track, Swimming and Golf (State Champions)
- State and National Champion for Wrestling in 2019
- Orange County Academic Decathlon Champion
- Extensive Career Technical Education Program including:
- Spyder Lab, Engineering lab, CAD Drafting, TV/Video
- Production, Multimedia Design, and Computer Graphics
- Peer Mentoring: THHS trains and places students in academic classes to mentor other students, providing academic assistance as well as social emotional support
- 12 THHS teachers selected as district and/or county “Teacher of the Year” in the last 15 years
- Recipient of the California Career Technical Education Incentive Grant
- 2021 THHS National Merit Finalist
- Unified Sports and Best Buddies: THHS has a comprehensive and inclusive program that integrates general education and special education students in a variety of activities and athletic events
- 2021 Best Buddies Champion of the Year & 2022 Nominee
- U.S. News high National ranking in 2022 Best High Schools
The rich tradition of extracurricular activities thrives at Trabuco Hills High School. Whether you chose to be part of one of our 24 athletic teams, including multiple League, CIF and State Championship teams, our award winning Marching Band, Ensemble or Jazz Bands, Chorale Music, Drama, Film or Cheer programs, or our multiple offerings of visual arts, you are sure to find something that suits your students talents and desires. You will find many of our scholars active in these groups as well. You will be hard pressed to find another school with the same cohesiveness as our students groups.
Our student’s enthusiasm and involvement in school activities has contributed greatly to Trabuco’s emergence as a nationally-recognized school. We have a very active and passionate student government group, our ASB. The activities and spirit they bring to our campus are widely recognized. Our Got Spirit? Days are tough to beat when almost 2800 kids bring out their class colors, creating a sea of blue, green, red and yellow. Our Associated Student Body also sponsors over 60 curricular and non-curricular clubs allowing an opportunity for everyone to find a home on our campus.
No matter what your passion we invite you to join the Mustang Herd, You’ll love the ride.