COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
New Quarantine/Isolation Guidelines
SVUSD’s updated protocols are based upon the most recent CDPH Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines and Orange County Health Care Agency Orders and Strong Recommendations.
- COVID-19 positive staff and students may return to work or school after Day 5 if symptoms are not present/improving AND they test negative on Day 5.
- Close contact staff who are vaccinated and boosted* (or vaccinated, but not yet booster- eligible**) may remain at work.
- Close contact students who are vaccinated and boosted* (or vaccinated, but not yet booster- eligible**) may remain in school if they test negative on Day 5.
- Close contact staff who are not vaccinated must remain at home for at least 5 days. A negative test on Day 5 is required to return along with remaining asymptomatic.
- Close contact staff who are vaccinated and unboosted (but booster-eligible)*** and asymptomatic may remain at work if they test negative between Day 3-5.
- Close contact students who are not vaccinated or are unboosted (but booster-eligible)*** may remain in school if they test negative on Day 5, are asymptomatic, and wear a mask. These students are not eligible to participate in extracurricular activities.
- For a graphic that contains this information, please see SVUSD Return to Work/School Flowchart
- District contact tracers will work with affected individuals to determine return-to-school dates.
SVUSD COVID Reporting Dashboard
- The SVUSD COVID-19 Reporting Dashboard is updated daily with positive COVID cases of students and staff that have been present on campus while infectious.
- If an individual is not on campus during their infectious period, such as during vacation or holiday, the case is not included in the Dashboard.
- In addition to accessing this information via our District website, you can also monitor the Dashboard at the following link: SVUSD COVID Resources
Daily Symptom Check and reporting COVID positive results to sites
- All students and staff should continue to complete a Daily Symptom Check to determine whether or not to come to school each day.
- Students who are COVID-19 positive, show symptoms, or are a close contact should remain at home and a parent or guardian should contact the site attendance office.
- The SVUSD District contact tracing team will contact you and inform you of your child’s return-to-school date.
- Your child’s school site will partner with you to continue your child’s learning while in isolation/quarantine.
Mask-wearing in SVUSD
- All students, staff, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask on SVUSD campuses when indoors and around others.