How Do I Get a Work Permit?
A work permit is a legal document required by the state of California that allows a person less than 18 years of age to hold a job.
There are four steps in obtaining a work permit:
- Download a Work Permit Application from the California State Department of Education website or obtain an application in person from either the MVHS Career Center or the front office.
- Fill out the personal information at the top of the application, have the employer fill out the information required in the middle portion and have one parent sign the bottom portion of the application.
- Submit the completed application to one of the following locations based on time:
- DURING JULY ONLY- Completed applications need to be submitted in person to the SVUSD District Office Receptionist at 25631 Peter A. Hartman Way, Mission Viejo.
- AUGUST- Return the completed work permit application to your Student Services Technician in the Guidance Office where the work permit will be processed.
- SEPTEMBER THROUGH JUNE- Return the completed work permit application to Mrs. Davis in the Career Center where the work permit will be processed.
- Bring the completed work permit back to your employer.
Please allow 48 hours to process Work Permits. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Davis in the career center.
- At What Age Can I Get a Work Permit?
- Which Jobs Don't Require a Work Permit?
- What Is Required Of Teenagers In The Entertainment Industry?
- Does a Work Permit Require School Attendance?
- Can a Work Permit Be Taken Away?
- When Does a Work Permit Expire?
- What Is The GPA Requirement?
- What If The Office Is Closed For Summer Hours?