How Do I Get a Work Permit?
A work permit is a legal document required by the state of California that allows a person less than 18 years of age to hold a job.
There are four steps in obtaining a work permit:
- Download a Work Permit Application from the California State Department of Education website.
- Fill out the personal information at the top of the application, have the employer fill out the information required in the middle portion and have one parent or guardian sign the bottom portion of the application.
- Submit the completed application to one of the following locations based on time:
- Bring the completed work permit back to your employer.
Please allow 48 hours to process Work Permits. If you have any questions, please ask your guidance counselor.
- At What Age Can I Get a Work Permit?
- Which Jobs Don't Require a Work Permit?
- What Is Required Of Teenagers In The Entertainment Industry?
- Does a Work Permit Require School Attendance?
- Can a Work Permit Be Taken Away?
- When Does a Work Permit Expire?
- What Is The GPA Requirement?
- What If The Office Is Closed?