The close of school is rapidly approaching and we are finalizing plans for senior activities. We hope that you have had a great year and that the culminating activities we have planned, especially the Graduation ceremony, will be memorable and meaningful for you. Note that, in order to participate in the senior activities listed below, all debts must be cleared through the Library and/or ASB by Friday, May 25, 2018, but the sooner the better! We do not accept personal checks, so debts must be paid for with cash only. Please take care of financial obligations at your earliest convenience. The Library will be posting a list of seniors with outstanding obligations beginning April 30th. Remember caps and gowns and yearbooks will not be issued until all fines are cleared. All debts incurred and all outstanding textbooks will need to be cleared in the library and/or ASB before graduation on June 14th.
- SENIOR MEETING – WED. MAY 23rd
- YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION – FRI. 6/1 IN THE MPR
- SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT – TUESDAY, JUNE 5 at 6:30 pm
- CAP & GOWN DISTRIBUTION – MONDAY, JUNE 11
- SENIOR TRIP - DISNEYLAND – TUESDAY, JUNE 12TH
- GRADUATION REHEARSAL/CAP & GOWN DISTRIBUTION MONDAY, JUNE 11.
- GRADUATION REHEARSAL/SENIOR PANORAMIC PICTURE – WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13th
- GRADUATION/COMMENCEMENT – THURSDAY, JUNE 14
- GRADUATION DRESS CODE
- GRAD NITE – THURSDAY, JUNE 14
- Yearbooks will be distributed to seniors only on 6/1 at lunch in the MPR.
- Yearbooks will not be released to seniors earlier than 12:24/lunch and until all obligations and fines are cleared through the Library and ASB.(Take care of your fines and lost books, uniforms, etc. now!)
- Students must show their ID card in order to receive their yearbook.
- Caps and gowns will be distributed on June 11th after grad. rehearsal.
- Caps and gowns will NOT be issued to students who have outstanding fines and obligations (textbooks, uniforms, etc.). Seniors MUST clear all their obligations through the library and/or ASB by May 25 !!! Please take care of all fines at your earliest convenience.
- Caps and gowns are the required dress for participation in the Graduation ceremony. Your student may wear a MVHS cap and gown from a prior year if you have access to one.
- If you have not purchased a cap & gown, your student may do so on this day through Jostens. The cost is $50.00, cash only please.
- The cap and gown distributor is Jostens 1-800-JOSTENS.
- Seniors are strongly encouraged to attend this final FUN event!
- All seniors attending MUST ride the school provided bus both to and from Disneyland. The buses will load at MVHS at approximately 8:00 am and return to MVHS by approximately 9:30 pm.
- The cost of the Park Hopper ticket and trip will be $145.00 + $20 for bus.
- If a student has a Disneyland Annual Pass, they will still be required to ride the buses. Annual pass holders must also submit $20.00 in order to cover the transportation fee, along with the filled out permission slip. Annual Pass-holders must bring their passes with them on the day of the trip. Please check to make sure the pass is permitted for this date.
- Tickets go on sale in the student store beginning Wednesday, May 16th through Thursday, May 31st (cash or credit only).
- A signed permission slip is required for ALL MVHS senior students in order to purchase a ticket and/or transportation for all attendees (included in this packet). All fines must be cleared to purchase a ticket.
- All seniors are required to attend either the Senior Trip, or report to the MPR from 9:45 - 12:24 for an alternative activity. Attendance will be taken!
- This final mandatory rehearsal will begin at 8:30 AM.
- Seniors are to report to the tennis courts with their cap & gown. Attendance will be taken.
- Seniors who are not present will not be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- This practice is critically important for all seniors-- please do NOT make plans for this day before 12:30 PM!
- A panoramic senior cap & gown group portrait will also be taken at rehearsal. Seniors must bring their cap and gown for this group photo.
- An order form will be given to each student on 6/12 and must be returned on 6/13.
- The photography company is Life Touch (949) 660-0528.
- ALL GRADUATES MUST REPORT TO THE TENNIS COURTS BY 4:30 PM.
- Commencement will be held at 6:00 PM at the Mission Viejo High School stadium.
- Tickets will not be issued, as we will have open seating in our stadium.
- The stadium will be available for seating when gates open at 4:30 PM.
- There will be no reserving seats prior to 4:30 PM. The stadium will be cleared of all paraphernalia (i.e., blankets, stadium chairs, etc.) before the gates open.
- Golf cart assistance will be available for those spectators who need to get to the visitor side of the stadium. Look for the MV awning outside the pool/gym area (lower stadium entrance).
- Wheelchair seating will be available at the top of the stadium home side.
In keeping with the dignified, ceremonial tone of a celebration as momentous as high school commencement, the following dress is required:
- Boys should wear a dress shirt with dress slacks and dress shoes. Flip flops will not be allowed.
- Girls should wear a dress or slacks such as might be appropriate for a wedding or church service. Flip flops will not be allowed.
- Caps (mortarboards) are to be worn squarely on the head with the tassel on the right front side of the cap. Purses, flower leis, phones, keys and other valuables are to be left with parents. Any markings, items added to, paintings, or defacing to the cap & gown will prevent the student from participation in the commencement ceremony!
- Congratulatory leis and gifts must be given after the ceremony, as they are not allowed on the field during the ceremony.
Grad Nite 2018 begins immediately after graduation. The committee is planning a fun, alcohol-free and drug-free night for the graduates. The check-in process takes place at the gym entrance near the swimming pool.
Students must give their cell phones, wallets and car keys to their parents prior to check-in. Otherwise, they will be held by Grad Nite during the event and returned in the morning. Students must bring their MVHS ID, a jacket or sweatshirt, and a camera (if they wish). Students with special medication needs, such as inhalers or diabetic supplies, MUST contact; 949-637-4544. Students should change into comfortable clothes BEFORE they check into Grad Nite.
Shortly after check-in and dinner, the graduates will board buses to the venue. Students will return to school at approximately 6:00 AM. Diplomas can be picked up in the small gym upon return from Grad Nite. Or in the front office any time after 6/15.
Any student suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or causing trouble for any reason will be sent home. Parent(s) will be contacted and be required to pick their student up.
Ticket prices are currently $200, but will increase to $225 on June 1 . Tickets MAY be available after the graduation ceremony on 6/14 . We hope everyone will purchase their tickets in advance in order for the money to be used for the graduating Class of 2018. For those purchasing tickets the night of graduation, payment must cash only.
Should it become absolutely necessary, the contact number for the evening is (949) 637-4544.
**STUDENTS MUST BE DROPPED OFF AND PICKED UP BY A PARENT!
For additional information, please follow the link