MVHS Student Dance Permission Slip
Guest Dance Permission Slip
- Tickets for all major dances are sold in the Student Store as well as on the Mission Viejo School Web Store online.
- Ticket prices vary depending on whether or not a student has purchased an ASB card.
- Students must have a valid student ID card when they purchase their tickets and at the dance for check in.
- If students are bringing a guest from outside of Mission Viejo High School, they will need to submit a separate behavioral contract/permission slip when the
tickets are being purchased. This permission slip will be made available for dances that allow guests, and must be completed by their high school with an official administrator signature and business card.
- Admittance/attendance is subject to Mission Viejo High School Administration approval.
- Attendance at MVHS dances is a privilege, and not a right, which may be revoked for lack of responsibility at school including, but not limited to: unpaid
fines, more than (one) 1 day of in-house suspension, suspension/expulsion in their discipline file as of August 27, 2018, be on a suspended/expulsion
contract and/or any behavioral contracts, or have lost privileges due to 6 or more demerits and/or attendance.
- All students and their guests may be searched for weapons and illegal substances prior to entry of the dance area.
- Trading or selling tickets is not allowed. Failure to arrive with the date/guest on the guest permission slip is forbidden and entrance will be denied.
- No student or guest will be allowed to leave the dance until 30 minutes before the dance ends, unless prior arrangements have been approved by MVHS
- Students or guests who leave during the dance will not be readmitted.
- Doors will be closed promptly 1 1⁄2 hours after dance start time. No late admissions after doors have been closed unless prior arrangements have been made
with Mrs. Ryan, Activities Director.
- All students and their guests must be willing to submit to random alcohol screening tests.
- MVHS Students who have been placed on the Loss of Privileges list cannot purchase a ticket to the dance until they have been removed from the list
by the discipline office. List will be posted at the Student Store.
- ALL ATTENDEES MUST PRESENT A VALID PICTURE ID AT THE CHECK IN TABLE TO BE ADMITTED TO THE DANCE. NO STUDENT ID CARD OR VALID ID FOR GUESTS MEANS NO ENTRANCE!!!
- STUDENTS AND GUESTS MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER THE DANCE CONCLUDES. STUDENTS THAT DO NOT GET PICKED UP DURING THAT TIME WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE NEXT MVHS DANCE.
- All school rules and regulations are enforced during any school event including dances.
- All MVHS students must show ID card at time of purchase and must show ID at the dance. MVHS Student ID replacement cards are $10.00 and are
available for purchase in the student store during lunch only (M-F).
- All attendees may be subject to random alcohol screening test given by the Mission Viejo High School Administration. In addition, any student or
guest showing observable signs of using alcohol or any controlled or illegal substance will be subject to an alcohol screening test and removed from the dance by the Administration. The OC Sheriff’s Dept., or local police agency, as well as the parents will be notified. (Education Code 48900(c) & 48900(s) prohibits the use/possession of alcohol, intoxicants and controlled substances at school, on the way to/from school or at any school related activity)
- Any non-MVHS student attending the dance must attach a copy of their ID, either a driver’s license or school picture ID to the permission slip. Please note: Age limit 20 years or younger, (No middle school students). NO EXCEPTIONS! Non-MVHS students must have a photo ID at the dance to be admitted.
- All students and their guests may be checked by security for weapons, illegal or controlled substances prior to entry of the dance area. Any student or guest who refuses to be checked will be denied entry. Vehicles are subject to be searched.
- Students who purchase tickets are required to inform their guests of all contract rules. Guests are required to abide by all school rules and the terms of this contract. Any student or guest exhibiting disruptive behavior will be removed from the dance and the student/guest will be released to the MVHS students’ parent or police if parent(s) cannot be reached. The Mission Viejo High School student will be held accountable for the behavior of their guest. STUDENTS AND GUESTS REMOVED/DENIED ENTRY WILL NOT BE GIVEN ANY REFUNDS.
- STUDENTS AND GUESTS MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER THE DANCE CONCLUDES. STUDENTS THAT DO NOT GET PICKED UP DURING THAT TIME WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE NEXT DANCE.
- Refund requests must be submitted in writing to ASB by parent at least 48 hours prior to the dance. NO reimbursement of ticket monies will be made if a student is asked to leave the dance for NOT following this agreement.
- MVHS Students who have been placed on the Loss of Privileges list cannot purchase a ticket to the dance until they have been removed from the list by the discipline office. List will be posted at the Student Store.
- Tickets are nontransferable. Only the student and/or guest on this permission slip will be allowed entry into the dance.
- DO NOT BRING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TO A DANCE: Gels, liquids, aerosols, lanyards, perfume, gum-food-mints-lipsticks. Leave these
items in the car or limo (these items will be confiscated at the dance).
- Students who have purchased a dance ticket, but do not show up to the dance, will have their parent/guardian called.
- No dancing such as freaking, moshing, or slamming will be permitted.
- No back to front dancing, bending over, no leg or hip riding, both feet must be on the floor, no crowd surfing, no carrying students on shoulders, and any
other inappropriate dancing deemed by the Administration.
- NOTE: Violation of the dancing policy will consist of immediate removal from the dance and students who violate any school rule or the terms of this
contract will be disciplined according to the district and school policy.
- No reimbursement or refund will be given when asked to leave the dance for not following this agreement.
All school rules and regulations are enforced during all school events. Smoking tobacco at school events is prohibited. The policy of Saddleback Valley Unified School District about alcohol, drugs, and narcotics is:
Any student of the Saddleback Valley Unified School District for whom there is reasonable cause to suspect the possession or use of, or being under the influence of, alcohol, drugs, or narcotics on school premises, or during school-related activities, or any student for whom there is reasonable cause to suspect the selling or furnishing of alcohol, drugs, or narcotics or substances represented to be alcohol, drugs, or narcotics to other students on school promises, or during school-related activities, or at any time or place to students which eventually relates to school or its activities, shall be immediately suspended from school and all school activities pending the outcome of the subsequent investigation and shall be mandatorily recommended to the Board of Education for expulsion from the Saddleback Valley USD” (Board Policy 5131.6)
- Semi-formal attire is required for the Homecoming Dance. Suggested attire includes semi-formal dresses and collared shirts and slacks. No jeans, shorts, or t-shirts allowed at the dance. Students must wear shoes at all times.
- Semi-formal attire is required for the Winter Formal. Suggested attire includes semi-formal dresses and collared shirts and slacks. No jeans, shorts, or t-shirts allowed at the dance. Students must wear shoes at all times.
- Formal attire is required at Prom. Suggested attire includes formal dresses, shirt and tie, suits, and tuxedos. No jeans, shorts, or t-shirts allowed at the dance.
- Violations may result in non-admittance. If dress code violations occur after admittance, student/attendee may be removed from the dance. If any
attendee has a question about the appropriateness of their dress, please consult with an Administrator prior to the event.