MVHS Associated Student Body Mission Statement
Mission Viejo High School Associated Student Body is the group of students whose goal is to create memorable and special experiences for their peers through the execution of planned and organized student activities throughout the school year. MVHS ASB is a group of both elected and appointed students in grades 9-12 from a variety athletic, academic, and arts programs as well as personal backgrounds.
MVHS ASB promotes the Diablo spirit through the activities they organize and plan during the school year. Mission ASB is set apart from others because of their dedication to their school, their spirit, and their unending determination to make Mission Viejo High School a home for all it’s students.
MVHS ASB impacts it’s students through helping each of them find a niche on campus by way of clubs, academic programs, athletics, fine and performing arts, Student Body Congress, Student/Artist/Athlete of the month, pep assemblies, dress up days and much more. Every student has an opportunity to be recognized and celebrated on our campus.
All students enrolled in Mission Viejo High School are members of the Associated Student Body (ASB). The Executive Council is made up of the ASB officers, as well as class officers. All council members meet daily during the 3rd period leadership class and conduct business meetings on Wednesdays. The Council is responsible for requisitions, all ASB money, the ratification of club constitutions, planning events, publicity, and execution of all ASB activities. All members of the Executive Council are chosen through either a school-wide election, or, interview process (dependent on position) in the Spring prior to the school year term they will serve.
All students have the option of purchasing an ASB card (marked on your school ID), which provides great benefits as well as helps support many programs across campus. Benefits include:
- FREE admission to home sporting events including football and basketball games (excluding playoff games)
- Discounts on all school dances (on and off-campus)
- Discounts on parking permits (Seniors & Juniors only)
- ASB President: Tucker Abel
- ASB Vice President: Ashlyn Hollerbach
- Secretary: Tanner Maclean
- Treasurer: Kate Petit
- Activities Coordinator: MeKenna Randall
- Publicity Chairperson: Satouri Robins
- Pep Commissioners: Emly Palomaki and Will Newell
- Assembly Commissioners: Brianna Daniel and Kyia Mochitani
- Boy’s Athletic Commissioner: Eric Mendoza
- Girl’s Athletic Commissioner: Allie Casarietti
- Fine Arts Commissioner: Sarelle Ming
- School Board Representative: Emily Mitchell
- ASB Representatives: Brooke Roberson and Mady Goetz
- Club Coordinators: Emily Collins and Sonny Mirza
- Historian: Yazzy Rountree
- Technology Coordinator: Ethan McAlister
Senior Class Officers
- President: Ava Butternaugh
- Vice President: Chad Carter
Junior Class Officers
- President: Anthony Villarreal
- Vice President: Ella Cooke
Sophomore Class Officers
- President: Kody Dahnke
- Vice President: Michelle Vermaerke
Freshmen Class Officers
- President: Riley Cooke
- Vice President: Anthony Terusa
Student Body Congress is a collection of voluntary student representatives that meet the second Thursday of every month during 3rd period in the Little Theater. These meetings include bringing new activity ideas to the floor, reflecting on past events and trying to improve them, and giving students another avenue to make their opinions heard on campus. Student Body Congress meetings are organized by the ASB Vice President, Ashlyn Hollerbach, and attended by all ASB Executive Officers.
Goals and Guidelines for MVHS Student Body Congress
- At each SBC meeting, representatives will have a chance to be heard verbally as well as have a chance to vote on issues that ASB brings to them.
- SBC meetings will be held on the second Thursday of each month at 9:00 am promptly with all representatives in their seats, with an agenda, a pencil/pen and already signed in.
- SBC representatives will take their agenda and notes back to their 3rd period class and report on the meeting. If necessary, they will gather information or sign ups from their peers to report back at the next meeting.
- SBC representatives are one piece of the governing student body of our school, so they should be seen attending school events, taking a leadership role at them, and supporting MVHS athletics, academics, arts and activities.
2018-2019 SBC Meeting Dates:
The Mission Viejo High School Class Council meetings aim to bring unity and school spirit to our Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior and Senior classes each year. The meetings are another forum for students to bring their ideas to their representatives, help improve past events and to make the Diablo experience memorable and special for everyone. Meetings are held in the MPR during tutorial on the second Friday of each month. Class Officers organize the meetings, and all ASB members attend according to their class.
2018-2019 CC Meeting Dates:
Please download and print the following packet. It is due back to the MVHS ASB room by Monday, May 20 at 3:30 without exception.