California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
- Remind 101: Stay up to date
- Contact Us
- Requirements for Life Membership
- CSF Club
- CSF By-Laws
- CSF Service Hours
Requirements to maintain honorary CSF membership are as follows:
*** Qualification for CSF membership begins with the Sophomore Spring grades.
You must earn a minimum of 10 points for last semester’s grades.
- 4 points must be from List I (unless a senior applying in Feb/June).
- 7 points (including the 4 points described above) must be from Lists 1 and II.
- Remaining points may come from List I, II, or III (see reverse side).
- You must not use more than 5 courses to qualify.
No points are awarded for:
- P.E./courses taken in lieu of P.E.
- Subjects repeated to improve a grade (i.e. summer school)
- Aiding, ROP, AVID, courses taken on a pass/fail basis
Points are awarded as follows:
- Grade of A = 3 CSF points (4 for IB, AP, Honors)
- Grade of B = 1 CSF point (2 for IB, AP, Honors)*
- Grade of A or B in IB, AP, or Honors earns 1 extra point (max. 2 such points per semester).
You will not qualify at this time if you have any of the following in any course, even one you do not use to qualify.
- Grade of D or F • U in citizenship
- Ethics violation
- Severe disciplinary problems CSF MEMBERSHIP CAN BE PERMANENTLY REVOKED AT ANY TIME FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS OR “UNWORTHY” CITIZENSHIP.
Semester membership is based on previous semester grades.
You must reapply each semester.
Qualification for CSF membership begins with the Sophomore Spring grades. CSF honorary awards for (Sealbearer) membership:
4 Semesters: CSF pin, CSF seal on diploma and transcripts or academic records.
**5 Semesters and 5 hours of CSF community service hours: CSF pin, CSF chapter seal on diploma, indication of sealbearer status on transcripts or academic records and CSF gold cord. **6 Semesters, freshman CSF membership, 5 hours of CSF organized community service CSF pin, CSF chapter seal on diploma, indication of sealbearer status on transcripts or academic records and CSF stole.
**CSF Community service hours includes attending a CSF organized philanthropic service of one or more of the following: CSF meetings, tutoring, or other organized CSF community services.
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) emphasizes high standards of scholarship and service for California high school students. It is one of the oldest and most well-recognized scholarship organizations, well-known by colleges and universities around the country. Last year, CSF awarded more than $100,000 to high school students throughout California. The Mission Viejo High School chapter has about 250 members who are dedicated to high academic standards and service to their school and communities. Sealbearers receive a gold stole, cord, pin, and seal on their diploma to recognize their dedication and service.
CSF Service Hours are CSF Designated
You are NOT REQUIRED to attend CSF meetings, unless you want to qualify for the CSF cord and/or stole. If you wish to wear the CSF cord or stole at your graduation, you will need to fulfill 5 hours of CSF Community service hours EACH YEAR (these are not the same community service hours as MVHS community service hours) in addition to other requirements. (Please see the guidelines on membership forms to qualify for CSF cord or stole.
You will be required to complete a total of 5 hours of CSF organized community service (THESE ARE NOT REGULAR LHHS COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS) each year to qualify for CSF stole or cord.
CSF Community Service hours will be emailed or posted throughout the year. You must fill out CSF Community Service hours form (on website or in P33) and have signed by CSF adviser or CSF approved volunteer. CSF Community Service hours include:
- Attending a CSF meeting: qualifies for 30 minutes CSF service hours.
- Tutoring: One hour equals one hour service hour. Tutoring will take place on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at lunch, or Saturday school (8:00-12:00).
- Other CSF organized community service opportunities organized by CSF. See future notifications, via email, fliers, and website for CSF service projects.