Registration / Hawk Walk / Data Confirmation
Are you a new student or continuing student to SVUSD?
- A new student is someone who will attend any school in SVUSD for the first time.
- A continuing student is someone who attended any school in SVUSD during the past school year.
- New Students
- All Students: Data Confirmation
- All Students: Hawk Walk Schedule (Held On Campus)
- Hawk Walk Info and FAQ
- LHHS- Specific Documents that you MUST bring to Hawk Walk
- First Day of School
Step 1: Collect documents
Gather the following documentation, required for all new student registration:
- Two proofs of address (current gas, electric or water bill – no phone bills or credit statements, please). Utility bills must be in the parent or guardian/caregiver’s name. If the utility bills are not in the parent or guardian/caregiver’s name, a Co-Residency Affidavit Form, provided by the school, is required.
- A copy of the student’s current transcript (cannot be placed or registered into classes without). Credit will only be accepted from the previous school if it is accredited by one of the United States regional accreditation agencies.
- Check-Out/Withdrawal Form from the student’s previous school.
- A copy of the student’s immunization record or yellow immunization card. Please note: effective September 10, 2010, state law requires that all students have the pertussis booster prior to attending school in California.
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Print out of the completed Online Student Enrollment (Step 2)
- Guardianship or Caregiver Affidavit Form – If the student is not living with their parent(s).
Step 2: Enroll Online
Log on to Aeries Online Enrollment and follow the prompts, entering data related to your student. Once you’ve completed the on-line registration process, you’ll need to print two copies; bring one to your registration appointment and keep the other for your records.
Step 3: Make an appointment with your Student Services Technician (SST)
- Please contact your Student Services Technician below to schedule an appointment.
- Bring all documentation listed above to your appointment at Laguna Hills High School.
|Student Assignment by Last Name||Student Services Technician||Guidance Office Phone #|
A - Gn (grades 9 - 12)
|Mrs. Rina Kennedy
|Rina.Kennedy@svusd.org||(949)770-5447 ext. 234144|
|Go - Pa (grades 9 -12)
|Ms. Kim Segler
|Kim.Segler@svusd.org||(949)770-5447 ext. 234145|
|Pe - Z (grades 9 -12)
|Mrs. Heather Breshears||Heather.Breshears@svusd.org||
(949)770-5447 ext. 234147
We will be unable to process your registration without the documents listed above. Student and parent must both attend the registration session.
Step 4: Finally, refer to the All Students: Hawk Walk (On Campus) and All Students: Data Confirmation tabs located on the Enrollment page for more information on Hawk Walk and Data Confirmation.
Please follow the steps below to complete the Data Confirmation process and to prepare your forms and transactions for Hawk Walk Registration.
Step 1 - Parent Portal Account
If you already have an active Parent Portal Account, proceed to the next step. If you do not already have a Parent Portal Account, create an SVUSD Parent Portal Account through the SVUSD Family Portal. An SVUSD Parent Portal Account (not a Student Account) is required to register. (See Step 1 below.) All Data Confirmation paperwork will be completed on-line and brought to Hawk Walk.
NOTE: it is common for parents to use the Family Portal with a STUDENT account unknowingly, but they need to use their PARENT account instead of a student account for Data Confirmation.
How do I know if I have a Parent account in Family Portal? When logged into your Family Portal account, go to the Profile tab. Check the Linked Portal Account email area for the email and type of account. Type P is Parent account and Type S is a student account.
Step 2 - Receive postcard about LHHS Hawk Walk (mailed mid July)
As in all previous years, you will receive a postcard in the mail, DO NOT throw this away. This postcard is required and will be your ticket to Registration / Hawk Walk. It will also detail important Hawk Walk information, dates, and times that you need to attend.
Step 3 - Data Confirmation (opens July 13)
Complete DATA CONFIRMATION. Go to the AERIES Family Portal. Follow all prompts and tabs within the Data Confirmation pages to confirm or correct your student's data. (Use Helpful Screenshot Instructions if needed.) In the Data Confirmation window, you will need to do the following:
- Review and update demographic data
- Review all documents within the Hawk Walk Registration module
- Print documents that apply to you
- Complete, print, and sign the Data Confirmation Page/Parents and Student Signature Form
- Complete, print, and sign the Student Emergency Card
- Print and complete the SVUSD McKinne-Vento Assistance Act Confidential Form (if it applies)
- Print and sign the 2020-2021 LHHS Dance Contract
- Print and sign the LHHS Library Textbook Policy
Note: Some families started the Data Confirmation process but did not complete the last step which is "Authorization". Parents have reported that checkboxes are missing in Data Confirmation when viewing the Authorizations and/or Documents tab. This issue can be resolved by scrolling or zooming within their Internet Browser or maximizing the browser window:
- in Google Chrome, scroll to the right
- in Safari , “Zoom Out”
- in Firefox, use the View menu and “Zoom Out”
- in IE 11, use View menu and “Zoom down to 100%”
Step 4 - LHHS Webstore Purchases (optional, open date TBD)
When the Webstore opens, you can purchase ASB materials such as ASB card, locks, and PE clothes online via the LHHS Webstore (the Hawk Webstore link is located on the LHHS website). Bring your Hawk Webstore receipt to Hawk Walk to receive your purchased items. You can also purchase these items in person at Hawk Walk using a credit card or cash (no checks).
Step 5 - Hawk Walk (on August 10th - 13th, see posted schedule for your date and time)
Arrive to Campus on your designated date and time and complete Hawk Walk Registration. Bring the following required documents with you to start and complete Hawk Walk Registration:
- Postcard (REQUIRED)
- Signed Data Confirmation/Parent and Student Signature form printout (REQUIRED)
- Signed Emergency Card (REQUIRED)
- LHHS Library Textbook Policy (REQUIRED)
- LHHS School Dance Contract (REQUIRED)
- McKinney-Vento Assistance Form (only if it applies)
- Hawk Webstore Receipt (only if you made purchases)
- Optional Forms/Flyers (PTSA, Pictures, Yearbook, etc.)
Hawk Walk Postcards
HAWK WALK postcards will be mailed in mid July to remind families to complete DATA CONFIRMATION.
YOU MUST PRESENT THE POSTCARD AT Hawk Walk Registration on AUGUST 10th - 13th. If you do not receive a postcard prior to Hawk Walk, please contact your Student Services Technician to verify address information.
Hawk Walk Schedule
August 10th - Seniors (12th Grade)
August 11th - Juniors (11th Grade)
August 12th - Sophomores (10th Grade)
August 13th - Freshman (9th Grade)
All grade levels will follow the same times below. Due to Covid-19 and Social Distancing Guidelines, it is very important that you arrive during your day and follow the alpha cut below which goes by Last Name. Please Wear A Mask and follow our Social Distancing Guidelines.
9:00 – 10:00 (A – D)
10:00 – 11:00 (E – L)
11:00 – 12:00 (M – R)
12:00 – 1:00 (S – Z)
Please complete these LHHS specific forms & documents and bring them with you to Hawk Walk.
Required (You must print, sign, and bring these documents to Hawk Walk)
First Day of School Procedures
- Due to Covid-19 Guidelines, we will begin our Fall 2020 Semester Online. Please disregard the information below.
- Student Class Schedule Distribution Monday, August 17, 2020
- All Freshman will report to the Main Gym at 7:30 AM to pick up their schedules and attend Freshman Orientation.
- All other students will need to report to the Auxiliary Gym to pick up their 1st Semester Class Schedule.
- If you have a 1st period class- Report to the Auxiliary Gym starting at 9:45 AM and locate your schedule according to the last name. (Class starts at 10:05)
- If you have a 2nd period class- Report to the Auxiliary Gym starting at 10:20 AM and locate your schedule according to the last name. (Class starts at 10:40)
Your schedule may have changed from the summer due to: electives changing, and class enrollment balancing. Please understand that this is your new schedule. Also, please note that requests for specific teachers will not be accommodated.
If you have an ERROR or OMISSION in your schedule, please come to the Guidance Department at the beginning of the class period where the mistake occurs. Only students with ERRORS or OMISSIONS in their schedules will be seen in the Guidance Department during the first week of school. Examples of students that need to be seen immediately for schedule changes are:
- two of the same classes scheduled (e.g.: two English classes)
- missing a class during a period (e.g.: missing a third period)
- already took/passed a class and should be in the next level
Adding a Class
- Deadline to ADD a class is September 4, 2020 (15 school days)
Dropping a Class or Level Change
- Deadline to DROP a class without a penalty is September 29, 2020 (30 days)
- Also, according to district policy, a level change (not a teacher change) by a student or teacher must be completed by September 29, 2020 (30 school days)