College & Career Counseling
- College Entrance tests
- College Representatives Visits
- Getting a Job
- Helpful College Application Links
- Letter of Recommendation Instruction Packet
- Saddleback College Counseling on Campus Wednesdays
- UC/Common App Prompts -2016
- Senior Parent Night
- Freshman Parent Night
- To register for the SAT, visit the College Board website
- To register for the ACT, visit the ACT Student website
Some colleges and specific majors require and/or recommend SAT II Subject tests. It's important that you check with specific colleges but you can see the document below for some old detailed information.
Students under the age of 18 are required to have a work permit in order to work. Here are the steps for getting a work permit:
- Make sure your grades are good and you're on track to graduate so you'll be approved.
- Apply for jobs and get hired for one.
- Pick up a work permit application (green) from the Career Center.
- Fill out the application and make sure your parent and employer fill out and sign their parts.
- Bring your work permit application to Mrs. Yi-Ching Fenton in the career center (or the guidance office if Mrs. Fenton is off-campus that day). You must turn it in to her in person because you will have your private social security number on the application.
- Pick up your work permit from Mrs. Fenton in the Career Center during snack or lunch one or two days later.
Below you will find some links to help you explore the almost 3000 colleges out there and start deciding which ones you may want to apply to.
To apply to:
- Cal State University -click CSU Mentor
- University of California (UC) - click University of California (UC)
- Over 500 Private and Out of State Schools - click Common Application
- Saddleback College - click Saddleback College
- Irvine Valley College - click Irvine Valley College
- Orange Coast College - click Orange Coast College
- Other helpful websites:
- UC/CSU A-G Approved courses at LHHS - Put in 051369 as our school code and select the year you took a class to check eligibility.
- UC/CSU A-G Approved courses at the community colleges - Put in the name of the community college and select the current school year to see if the class is eligible.
- All California Colleges
- College Atlas - college search
- College Board BigFuture - search/compare colleges
- College Search
- Online College Fair
- NAIA (for athletes)
- Virtual College course
- What will they learn – a different way to look at colleges
Saddleback College Counseling available in the Career Center weekly on Wednesdays here at LHHS
Have a question about Saddleback College? On Wednesdays from 9:30am-1:15pm in the Career Center speak to our Saddleback College Counselor assigned to help our students:
- Learn more about upcoming Freshman Advantage deadlines and the registration/matriculation process.
- Help you better understand your Saddleback College placement results.
- Ask questions about enrolling in Counseling 100 here at LHHS.
- Discuss concurrent enrollment (taking a class at Saddleback College while still in high school)
- Materials available for specific Saddleback College programs such as Transfer, Honors, Career Technical Education (CTE), Nursing, Athletics and more.
**To schedule an appointment to meet with a Saddleback College Counselor, please sign up in the Career Center.