California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
- CSF By-Laws
- CSF Club
- CSF Facebook Page
- CSF Meetings, Membership Drive and Important Dates
- CSF Offers Tutoring to LHHS
- CSF Scholarship Opportunity
- CSF Service Hours
- Contact Us
- Membership Forms
- Requirements for Life Membership
- Senior Spring Membership Forms
- Student-Teacher Basketball Game
- 2017-2018 CSF Membership Drive Dates
- 2017-2018 Officer Application
- 2017-18 Elected Board Members
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) emphasizes high standards of scholarship and service for California high school students. It is one of the oldest and most well-recognized scholarship organizations, well-known by colleges and universities around the country. Last year, CSF awarded more than $100,000 to high school students throughout California, and the Laguna Hills High School chapter awarded $1000 to two senior recipients. The Laguna Hills High School chapter has about 250 members who are dedicated to high academic standards and service to their school and communities. Sealbearers receive a gold stole, cord, pin, and seal on their diploma to recognize their dedication and service. Membership drives are held in the Fall semester (October) and Spring semester (February).
- September 15th, 2016
- October 20th, 2016
- November 7th, 2016
- December 8th, 2016
- January 12th, 2017
- February 23rd, 2017
- March 23rd, 2017
- April 18th, 2017
- May 18th, 2017
- June 8th, 2017
- Sept- Fall Drive Sept 19th-23rd, 2017
- Feb- Spring Drive Feb 6th-Feb 10th, 2017
- **Senior Membership Drive: June 8, 2017-June 15th, 2017
CSF Campus Beautification Day
- September 24th, 2016
- April 1st, 2017
- Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Library
- June 1st, 2017
Directions: Download the scholarship prompts or view them on your computer. You must be a senior, include your first and last name, and include at the top of the essay which scholarship prompt you are applying. You may write an essay for each category.
Scholarships are due May 19th by 1:00 pm in P-33.
CSF Service Hours are CSF Designated
CSF Service Hour Form
Hope to see you all soon and as always,
Requirements to maintain honorary CSF membership are as follows:
*** Qualification for CSF membership begins with the Sophomore Spring grades.
You must earn a minimum of 10 points for last semester’s grades.
- 4 points must be from List I (unless a senior applying in Feb/June).
- 7 points (including the 4 points described above) must be from Lists 1 and II.
- Remaining points may come from List I, II, or III (see reverse side).
- You must not use more than 5 courses to qualify.
No points are awarded for:
- P.E./courses taken in lieu of P.E.
- Subjects repeated to improve a grade (i.e. summer school)
- Aiding, ROP, AVID, courses taken on a pass/fail basis
Points are awarded as follows:
- Grade of A = 3 CSF points (4 for IB, AP, Honors)
- Grade of B = 1 CSF point (2 for IB, AP, Honors)*
- Grade of A or B in IB, AP, or Honors earns 1 extra point (max. 2 such points per semester).
You will not qualify at this time if you have any of the following in any course, even one you do not use to qualify.
- Grade of D or F • U in citizenship
- Ethics violation
- Severe disciplinary problems CSF MEMBERSHIP CAN BE PERMANENTLY REVOKED AT ANY TIME FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS OR “UNWORTHY” CITIZENSHIP.
Semester membership is based on previous semester grades.
You must reapply each semester.
Qualification for CSF membership begins with the Sophomore Spring grades. CSF honorary awards for (Sealbearer) membership:
4 Semesters: CSF pin, CSF seal on diploma and transcripts or academic records.
**5 Semesters and 5 hours of CSF community service hours: CSF pin, CSF chapter seal on diploma, indication of sealbearer status on transcripts or academic records and CSF gold cord. **6 Semesters, freshman CSF membership, 5 hours of CSF organized community service CSF pin, CSF chapter seal on diploma, indication of sealbearer status on transcripts or academic records and CSF stole.
**CSF Community service hours includes attending a CSF organized philanthropic service of one or more of the following: CSF meetings, tutoring, or other organized CSF community services.
Seniors: In order to receive a Stole or Cord, you must fill out a CSF membership application form and turn it in between June 6th-June 14th at snack only in P-33 to Ms. Hitchens. You must have your 10.00 dollars, cash only, and teacher signature verifying your final grade.
Senior June Membership Form is Now Available:
Directions: In order for some seniors to obtain another semester, following CSF guidelines and qualifications, please apply for senior spring membership.
How to get the JUNE 2017 CSF application:
1. Select the appropriate link below, download the application.
2. Pick up the application outside P-33.
3. Download off LHHS CSF Facebook page.
Late applications will not be accepted.Applications: