El Toro High School’s wellness program was developed to increase awareness and de-stigmatize mental illness as well as provide mental health resources to all students. By bringing mental health awareness to the campus in hopes of creating a healthier learning environment and a more positive high school experience for students.
Wellness Wednesdays consist of workshops held twice a month. Workshops consists of:
- Presentations related to typical teen issues.
- Mindful meditation. This allows students the opportunity to connect with their breath and physical body as they experience Yoga-inspired breathing styles and gentle body stretching.
A mental health wellness fair is held at the end of the year to allow various agencies to come our campus and share resources and support for students.
- Parent Resources for Online Learning
- Parent Guide to Resilience
- Student Mental Wellness Positive Self-Talk Coping Cards
- Tip Sheet for Families - Youth Suicide & Mental Health Concerns During COVID-19
- Toolkit for Stressed Teens
- Understanding Stress Behavior for Parents