Everyone has aspirations for a great future. Coastline ROP can support your dreams and goals by furthering your education and helping you find the right career path.
You can earn elective credit while getting “hands-on” experience in a career pathway. Discover what it is like to work in the medical field, paramedic (EMT), fire technology, animal healthcare, computer graphics, art of television and video production, and many other choices. ROP offers over 75 classes! Sign up with Ms. Bolding by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for an appointment here. Students must be a minimum of 16 years old to take off-campus ROP classes. On-site (El Toro High School) ROP classes require students to be at least a sophomore.
Visit the Coastline ROP website for more information.
ROP Classes at El Toro High School:
- Art of Animation
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Graphics
- Multimedia Communications Design
- Sports Medicine & Athletic Training
- Visual Imagery
- Food Service Co-Op
- Emergency Medical Responder
Students must anticipate a world of rapid change. Research indicates that future members of the work force will have to communicate effectively and process ever-increasing amounts of information. To be prepared for the job market, students should take classes that extend their basic skills and explore real life experiences. ROP Internship classes provide actual work experience in your field of interest! The following classes are internship related:
- Animal Health Care Internship
- Automotive Technology Internship
- Careers with Children Internship
- CNA (Pre-Certification Internship)
- Culinary Arts Internship
- Dental Assistant Back Office Internship
- Diversified Service Careers Internship
- Financial Services Internship
- Medical Assistant Front/Back Office Internship
- Medical Nursing Careers Internship
- Retail Sales and Merchandising Internship
Finding and selecting the right career can be an overwhelming and daunting task. However, it is important to remember that there is time to explore and plan. Finding a path that offers opportunity for growth or variance can open many doors. Here are some steps for you to follow to begin exploring your options:
- Determine your interests
- Learn more about yourself
- Take an interest profiler
- Write down interests and things you enjoy
- Discover potential careers
- Explore industry sectors
- Research details of potential careers
- Research the type of training or education needed
- Look for volunteer or apprentice opportunities. This is a great way to get hands on experience and see if it is a good fit for you. Check out the available ROP classes for additional opportunities!
- Where to prepare: apply to schools, training programs, etc.
- Develop a budget to cover the potential costs