Every student at Santiago Elementary School will become a responsible digital citizen who knows how to harness the learning potential of all types of digital media safely, effectively, ethically and respectfully. In order to accomplish this goal, Santiago will initiate the following plan during the 2017-2018 school year.
Saddleback Valley Unified has researched and developed lessons to support our students' understanding and use of Digital Citizenship throughout their school years and beyond.
We have partnered with Common Sense Media to provide families with resources and tips for educating yourself and your children on "all things digital."
Digital Citizenship Project Leader: Howard Johnston, Principal
One more family outreach:
- Host a teen panel for families
- Facilitate parent discussion group
- Training Title I coordinators and/or PTA leaders to facilitate ongoing family engagement activities, such as informal discussion groups using Connecting Families resources
- Publish article about the importance of digital citizenship in the school newsletter
- Add the Making Sense blog widget for families on school website