IB Primary Years Programme
Linda Vista Magnet Elementary School is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. This school is pursuing authorization as a IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy - a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education - that we believe is important for our students.
The IB PYP focuses on six transdisciplinary themes selected for their relevance to the real world. They are described as transdisciplinary because they focus on issues that go across subject areas. The transdisciplinary themes help teachers to develop a programme of inquiry. Teachers work together to develop investigations into important ideas, which require a substantial and high level of involvement on the part of students. - The International Baccalaureate
- Additional PYP Information for Parents
- SVUSD Parent Information
- IB PYP Brochure
- Assessment Policy Politicia de Evalucion
- Language Policy Politicia de Idioma
- Programme of Inquiry for Kindergarten through Sixth Grade
- Linda Vista Magnet Informational Brochure
Join us for a school tour at 9:00am on the following Wednesdays:
- September 25
- October 23
- November 20
- December 18
- January 22
- February 19
- March 25
- April 29
- May 20
Please call the school office to sign up for your tour at 949-830-0970. We look forward to showing you our scholars in action.
2019-2020 Showcase February 20, 2020
Mark your calendar for our annual Showcase (formerly Open House) on Thursday, February, 2020.
- Where can I find more information about the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme?
- What other opportunities are available at Linda Vista?
- If my child is on School Choice now at Linda Vista, can they stay next year?
- Linda Vista is not my home school, can my child still attend?
- After attending Linda Vista Magnet School, will my child continue with IB at intermediate and high school?
- Will you have enough space for my child to attend?
- Is the International Baccalaureate PYP a school-wide program?
- Will teachers have training to support IB PYP instruction?
- Kindergarten through sixth grade music classes with credentialed music teacher
- All day Kindergarten
- 21 Century learning environments in all classrooms
- Flexible furniture options
- 1:1 technology for students
- PURE Game Soccer with olympic and world champion player, Joy Fawcett
- Extensive independent reading library for students
- Sixth grade Science Camp at Camp Pali
- Student leadership opportunities
- AVID certified school
- Additional programs and support staff
- ST Math
If you are part of our SVSUD family and would like to attend Linda Vista Magnet next year, you will need to apply for School Choice between March 4 - 29, 2019 through the SVUSD website.
If SVUSD is not your home district, we do have a process to apply to Linda Vista Magnet. You will need to complete an INTER District Transfer. Please go to: INTER District Transfer for more information.