IB Primary Years Programme
Linda Vista Magnet Elementary School is an Authorized World School for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
The PYP has evolved to become a world leader in future-focused education. The PYP is an example of best educational practice globally, responding to the challenges and opportunities facing young students in our rapidly changing world. - The International Baccalaureate
The IB PYP focuses on six transdisciplinary themes selected for their relevance to the real world. They are described as transdisciplinary because they focus on issues that go across subject areas. The transdisciplinary themes help teachers to develop a programme of inquiry. Teachers work together to develop investigations into important ideas, which require a substantial and high level of involvement on the part of students. - The International Baccalaureate
- Additional PYP Information for Parents
- SVUSD Parent Information
- IB PYP Brochure
- Assessment Policy Politicia de Evalucion
- Language Policy Politicia de Idioma
- Programme of Inquiry for Kindergarten through Sixth Grade
- Linda Vista Magnet Informational Brochure
Please call the school office to arrange for a virtual tour at 949-830-0970.
- Where can I find more information about the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme?
- What other opportunities are available at Linda Vista?
- If my child is on School Choice now at Linda Vista, can they stay next year?
- Linda Vista is not my home school, can my child still attend?
- After attending Linda Vista Magnet School, will my child continue with IB at intermediate and high school?
- Will you have enough space for my child to attend?
- Is the International Baccalaureate PYP a school-wide program?
- Will teachers have training to support IB PYP instruction?