IB Primary Years Program
Primary Years Programme
Linda Vista Magnet Elementary School is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. This school is pursuing authorization as a IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
The IB PYP focuses on six transdisciplinary themes selected for their relevance to the real world. They are described as transdisciplinary because they focus on issues that go across subject areas. The transdisciplinary themes help teachers to develop a programme of inquiry. Teachers work together to develop investigations into important ideas, which require a substantial and high level of involvement on the part of students. - The International Baccalaureate
Join us for our Grand Re-opening
Join us for our grand re-opening on Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 10:30am.
The 2018-19 school year marks the 50th Anniversary of Linda Vista. Mark your calendar for our 50th Anniversary Celebration and Open House on Thursday, March 7, 2019.
- What is the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme?
- What other opportunities are available at Linda Vista?
- If my child is on School Choice now at Linda Vista, can they stay next year?
- Linda Vista is not my home school, can my child still attend?
- After attending Linda Vista Magnet School, will my child continue with IB at intermediate and high school?
- Will you have enough space for my child to attend?
- Is the International Baccalaureate PYP a school-wide program?
- Will grading be different for IB than at a traditional elementary school?
- Will teachers have training to support IB PYP instruction?
- Kindergarten through sixth grade music classes with credentialed music teacher
- All day Kindergarten
- 1:1 technology for students
- PURE Game Soccer with olympic and world champion player, Joy Fawcett
- Extensive independent reading library for students
- Sixth grade Science Camp at Camp Pali
- Student leadership opportunities
- Additional programs and support staff
- ST Math
If you are part of our SVSUD family and would like to attend Linda Vista next year, you will need to apply for School Choice between March 5 - 30, 2018.
If SVUSD is not your home district, we do have a process to apply to Linda Vista. You will need to complete an INTER District Transfer. Please go to: INTER District Transfer for more information.