Are you a new student or continuing student to SVUSD?
- A new student is someone who will attend any school in SVUSD for the first time.
- A continuing student is someone who attended any school in SVUSD during the past school year.
Please follow the steps below to complete the Data Confirmation.
Step 1 - Parent Portal Account
If you already have an active Parent Portal Account, proceed to the next step. If you do not already have a Parent Portal Account, create an SVUSD Parent Portal Account through the SVUSD Family Portal. An SVUSD Parent Portal Account (not a Student Account) is required to register. (See Step 1 below.) All Data Confirmation paperwork will be completed online prior to the start of school.
NOTE: it is common for parents to use the Family Portal with a STUDENT account unknowingly, but they need to use their PARENT account instead of a student account for Data Confirmation.
How do I know if I have a Parent account in Family Portal? When logged into your Family Portal account, go to the Profile tab. Check the Linked Portal Account email area for the email and type of account. Type P is Parent account and Type S is a student account.
Step 2 - Data Confirmation (opens July 31)
Complete DATA CONFIRMATION. Go to the AERIES Family Portal. Follow all prompts and tabs within the Data Confirmation pages to confirm or correct your student's data. (Use Helpful Screenshot Instructions if needed.) In the Data Confirmation window, you will need to do the following:
- Review and update demographic and emergency contacts and medical information
- Print and sign the required forms
- Return to parent portal to complete the data confirmation process
Step 3 - Complete and Print the Following Documents:
NOTE: Required for ALL students. Please print and bring to school on the first day.
- Data Confirmation
- Emergency Cards/Registration (Click Finish and Confirm and then print card)
- McKinney Vento (If applicable)
Step 4 - Class Assignments Will Be Posted Through Your Family Portal (ONLY) on Friday, August 13, after 5 p.m.
Step 5 - 1st Day of School
Get Ready for the first day of school! Monday, August 16.
Read or print out the following information that includes the schedule for the first day:
(These links will be updated soon!)
- Principal's Welcome
- Opening Day Instructions
- Dress Code
- Bell Schedule
- District Calendar
- School Map
Entering Kindergarten Students
- All incoming Kindergarten students and ALL new students must complete the AIR registration process and scan and send documents to your child's school. For a list of school email addresses please visit the Kindergarten Registration - Email Addresses for Emailing Documents page.
- Kindergarten students are required to be 5 years old by September 1, 2021 for the 2021-2021 school year.
- Find your school of assignment with the School Locator.
- Please call 949/580-3238 if you have any questions.
- SVUSD anticipates again offering a Transitional Kindergarten program for children whose birthdays fall between September 2, 2016, and December 2, 2016.
- The Learning Connection (TLC) Before & After School Child Care is available through the Department of Child Care Services.
What to expect before registering your child and how to prepare:
- Directions for registering your child: English Directions Spanish Directions
You will either create an account in Aeries Internet Registration (AIR) or login if you already have an account by visiting the SVUSD Online Enrollment page.
You will need to gather the following documents to complete the registration process:
Complete Immunization Record
Proof of Age: Birth Certificate or Passport
Proof of Residency: Two Current Utility Bills (Telephone bills NOT accepted)
We also understand that school sites normally hand out the First Grade Physical form and Getting to Know Your Child form during the registration process, these forms will now be provided to parents in August directly from your school site.
- Grades K-6 Questions: Call our office . We are happy to help.