Why Glen Yermo?
Every Day ...
Threaded and embedded throughout the instructional day and across content areas, we provide our students with the following at their development level:
- Student Success Skills encompass communication skills (listening, speaking, writing), self-advocacy skills and study skills
- Organizational Skills include mental and physical organization, organizational tools, time management, goal setting, and note taking strategies
- Instruction places an emphasis on writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization and reading in all content areas
- Partnerships form among students, classrooms, grade levels, parents, and the community
Glen Yermo parents support our school and its children by serving on School Site Council, PTA, Special Education Advisory Council and the English Language Advisory Council. They also volunteer in classrooms and at special events. Our parents provide the support that makes our school richer in its service to our students.
- Enrichment opportunities, including art,music and hands-on science
- Intervention programs for English Language Arts and Mathematics
- Extended Learning Time including an extended kindergarten day
- After school clubs which include art, robotics and chess
- Technology in the hands of every student
- Project Based Learning
- Specialized Field Trips, including Sixth Grade Science Camp
- Parent and Family Education and Fun Nights
- A small size that allows us to be an intimate school family
- Advancement Via Individual Determination : AVID Certified School
- Character Development through Positive Behavior Instruction and Support ... WE ROAR!
I Choose Glen Yermo, Our Neighborhood Treasure
"Our school is an exceptional place, and our child is excelling. She is challenged and having fun. We love our principal, our teachers, the staff, and the enrichment programs. Thanks PTA."
Traci T. - parent
"We love being part of the Glen Yermo family! This school feels like home!"
Sarah B. - parent
"Glen Yermo provided me with the tools I needed to be successful in my academic career."
Hannah K. - former Glen Yermo student, GATE identified honor student, Early College Program 2014 Cohort, ETHS Class of 2018
"Glen Yermo is not any ordinary school, it is a family. A warm, safe, inviting environment, where ALL are welcome. The principal, teachers, and staff are an amazing support system. I feel at ease co-parenting with this school. My children have wonderful mentors that inspire them daily. I feel honored to have my family be part of this school. "
Trisha B. - Parent