Due to school closures, at this time all Registration for 2020-21 will be on hold. Please check this page for updates as they become available. In the meantime, please feel free to click on REGISTER NOW and complete the online portion, including entering all immunizations.
We look forward to welcoming you to Foothill Ranch Elementary!
Welcome to Foothill Ranch Elementary School! We invite you to attend our Showcase (formerly Open House) on April 21, 2020. All classrooms will be open for you to walk through and our parent teacher organization will have some events as well. Curriculum information is on the district website at http://www.svusd.org/departments/educational-services/elementary-education-curriculum-instruction
For all families living within our attendance area, there will be two tour dates for 2020, February 19th beginning at 9:00 am and 10:30 am, and February 24th at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Please call to reserve a spot at 949-470-4885. The tours will cover Kindergarten through 6th grade. Please note, Foothill Ranch is currently closed to School Choice students.
Please find parking on the street, as our parking lot is for staff only.
The dates for Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-21 School Year are:
Last Name A-H TBD 9 to 11:30 AM
Last Name I-P TBD 9 to 11:30 AM
Last Name Q-Z TBD 9 to 11:30 AM
All TBD 9 to 11:30 AM
All TBD 1:50 to 3 PM
**Please ensure all online registration is completed and bring all required documents with you, or you will be asked to return at a later date**
Our phone number is 949-470-4885 and office hours are 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
These online instructions are for students who are NEW to the Saddleback Valley Unified School District.
- Step 1 – Go to the district website: www.svusd and select Register Now at the top right of the page.
- Step 2 – Confirm that Foothill Ranch is your assigned school.
- Step 3 - Follow the prompts, entering all data related to your student. Please do not use all caps and all the immunizations need to be entered.
- Step 4 - This will take 30 to 45 minutes and you will need your emergency contact phone numbers handy.
- Step 5 - Make sure you print a copy, sign and bring the Enrollment Confirmation to the school office during registration times above to ensure that we activate your records for the new school year. If you can’t print it out, please call the school office at 949-470-4885 (7:30 AM to 3:30 PM) so we can have it ready for you when you come in.
If you are coming from another SVUSD school, you will need to complete an SVUSD Student Registration form (front and back). Be sure to complete and sign the back of this form. This form is available from the school office.
If you are unable to attend the week of March 24th, you may walk in to register beginning April 28th from 9 AM to 11:30 AM or Tuesdays 1:50 to 3 PM. Please plan to come by May 3rd. Please make sure you have competed the online registration and have all required documentation or you will be asked to return another day.
The following items MUST be provided to register your child. It will save you time to make your own copies.
1) Certified Birth Certificate (original from county of your child’s birth), baptismal certificate or passport. We must see the original and will keep a photocopy for our records. Children must be five years old by September 1, 2020 to be eligible for kindergarten in the 2020-21 school year.
2) Proof of Address – (two current and different utility bills preferred)
Two current and different utility bills (gas/electric/water) with your name and address (telephone or cable not accepted). We need to see the original bill.
Escrow papers (if home buying is in the process) or signed lease agreement
If you are not the primary tenant at the home and are living with another family, a Verification of Residence form is required by the primary tenant. This is notarized (or signed in front of an SVUSD employee with a driver’s license provided for ID) and copies of their utility bills are required. This form is available from the school office or the district website under Resources, All Forms, Parent/Student. A utility bill is required to show you occupy the residence. A home visitation and/or residency verification is a part of a periodic process to confirm residency.
3) Immunization records - Some physicians do not give the last doses until your child turns five years old. You can still register and we will consider their registration to be conditionally complete. You will need to turn in their updated immunization record before school starts.
GUARDIANSHIP PAPERS – If a student is living with someone other than the parent(s), this form must be completed and returned with the registration paperwork.
LEGAL CUSTODY DOCUMENTS must be on file in the school office if the student is NOT to be released to a parent.
TLC is the before and after school daycare program on campus. Registration is at La Tierra School, 24150 Lindley Avenue, Mission Viejo. Their office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call 949-768-0981, ext. 2 for more information.