The SVUSD Virtual Academy School Counseling mission is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program focusing on a holistic approach to student development. The SVA School Counselor strives to empower all students in their academic growth, college and career preparedness, and social/emotional learning through a multi-tiered system of support; ultimately preparing students to take on the challenges of a rapidly evolving environment.
REASONS TO SEE YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR:
- Help with navigating educational environment: general questions, course selection, graduation/college entrance requirements.
- Academic support & intervention
- Educational Plans (4-year plans, transition to college plans, etc.)
- Planning/exploring for postsecondary options
- Help with goal setting, managing emotions, interpersonal skills, problem solving
- Mental wellness support
- Parent Coaching
- Connecting to community resources
Hi Everyone! My name is Mrs. Glasgow and I am the School Counselor for SVA. I have a M.S. in School Counseling and a B.A. in Psychology from San Diego State University. I have been working with students for the past 15 years in various settings and in Saddleback Valley Unified as a School Counselor for the last 9 years.
As a School Counselor, my primary responsibility is to promote the academic, personal/social, and college/career development for all students. My goal is to help students become the best version of themselves possible. I look forward to offering support to our SVA students, staff and families.
When I'm not working, I enjoy spending my time with my husband and two children. I have a dachshund named Olive, and enjoy going to the beach, making macrame, listening to podcasts, and working out.