Single Course Enrollment
SVUSD high school students may apply to enroll in one or two courses at the SVUSD Virtual Academy. Please see our course list for a list of class offerings.
Students can enroll in a class at the SVUSD Virtual Academy as part of their required classes, to catch up on graduation requirements or to complete prerequisite courses. History, English, Math, Science, Spanish, Art, & Anthropology courses are A-G & NCAA approved.
How to Enroll
To start the enrollment process students must meet with their current school counselor.
Students who enroll at the SVUSD Virtual Academy should expect:
- 5+ hours of work per week for each course enrolled.
- Weekly submission of work required for each course enrolled.
- Some classes may require an online class meeting once-week.
- Office hours available for extra support; required for students not meeting course expectations.
- Learning Lab available for in-person support and student workspace from 9am-1pm (monday - Thursday).
Successful SVA students are able to:
- Manage their time and complete work with less immediate supervision.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Comfortable using technology.
- Determined; they do not give up easily when confronted with material that is initially confusing or encounter technical difficulties.
- Willing to communicate with teacher and classmates on a regular basis.