SVUSD Graduation Requirements
Students must be debt-free and have satisfied all requirements to participate in graduation.
Eligibility for Participation in Senior Events/Graduation
Parent Letter (English and Spanish)
Cap and Gown Order Information
Cap and Gown Order Form (Download and print.)
Important Events & Dates for 2019 Graduating Seniors
Freshman Advantage deadline for Community Colleges – April 15
You must have all registration steps completed by this date to get early registration advantage
Scholarship applications due – May 16 (end of day)
Silverado scholarship forms must be in to Ms. Dunn-McDermaid
Speeches for graduation speakers due – May 17 (end of day)
Drafts of speeches are due to Mr. Bode
Prom – Friday, May 31, 7:00-11:00 p.m. at Costa Mesa Country Club
- Three course dinner included –dinner served promptly at 7:00p.m.
- All grades of Silverado are eligible to attend and students may bring a non-SHS guest under 21 years of age with prior approval
- Bids go on sale April 24th-May 24th in the front office. $50/ticket from April 24-May 10; $60/ticket from May 13-May 24; if we sell 15 or more tickets, $5.00 will be refunded back.
Grad Nite – Universal Studios – Thursday, June 6, approx. 2:00p.m.-3:30a.m.
- Seniors only, but students may bring a non-SHS guest under the age of 21 with prior approval
- Students arrive at 2:00p.m. Students will be searched before boarding the bus.
- Bus leaves at 3:00p.m. Students must ride the bus to attend.
- Event lasts until 2:00a.m. Bus departs promptly at 2:30a.m.
- $75 per ticket – sales start May 1 until sold out – first come, first served
Other important dates:
May 31 – All GEARS assignments due
June 7 – All Community Service and Off-Campus PE hours due
Graduation – Cap and Gown Ceremony – Thursday, June 13, 2019 – Laguna Hills Community Center
- Ceremony begins at 3:30p.m. at the Laguna Hills Community Center (corner of Paseo de Valencia & Alicia)
- Students must have all coursework completed and be debt-free and demerit-free to participate in the ceremony
- Each graduate will receive 5 tickets to ceremony; request additional tickets from Mr. Bode
- To order cap and gown, see order sheet - $55.00 basic package by 4/12/19 direct from Creative Forms Design; after 4/12/19 - $75.00 cash only to Silverado (correct sizing not guaranteed). Basic package includes cap and gown and 10 announcements.