Proficiency and Bilingual Language Exam
Requirements for all Instructional Assistant positions
Instructional Assistant applicants are required to provide one of the following documents with their application (attach document to application in EdJoin):
- Proof of passage of CBEST
- Proof of an AA degree or higher from an accredited institution in the US
- ACT Test Scores with at least 23 in Math and 22 in English
- SAT Test Scores with at least 550 in Math and 500 in English
- SVUSD Proficiency Test with passing scores (if none of the above are available)
Testing will be at the District Office. You must check in at the Reception area first.
DOORS CLOSE PROMPTLY AT 9:00 a.m.
Photo ID is required to take any exam.
Applicants may not be hired unless the requirements are met. The next proficiency test will accommodate this requirement for all future positions.
For questions regarding the Proficiency Exam - Please Call (949) 580-3360.
For questions regarding the Language Test - Please Call (949) 580-3239.