SVUSD offers an extension of health benefits to retirees who meet specific criteria, as outlined in the sections below.
- I'm getting ready to retire, what do I need to know?
- How do I pay for my benefits once I retire?
- What is the cost of my retiree medical benefits?
- I'm a certificated employee getting ready to retire. Do my benefits continue?
- I'm a regular classified employee (CSEA) getting ready to retire. Do my benefits Continue?
- I'm a management employee (SVMTA) getting ready to retire. Do my benefits continue?
- I'm getting ready to retire and my spouse is over 65. Will coverage for my spouse continue?
- I'm getting ready to retire and do not qualify for benefits as outlined above. When do my benefits end?
- I'm a retired employee receiving retiree health benefits through SVUSD and will be turning 65 soon. What happens next?
- I'm a retired employee turning 65 and my spouse is younger than me. What options do they have?