COBRA, or The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, requires group plans to offer the option to continue the same health benefits that the employee and/or dependents received while eligible. In other words, COBRA is your opportunity to continue your SVUSD benefits past their termination date for a limited time at a higher cost.
- Who is Offered COBRA?
- How to receive information
- Is COBRA the Same Insurance I Had as an Active Employee?
- When will my active insurance be canceled?
- What do I need to do to reinstate my coverage through COBRA?
- Will you send me confirmation that my benefits have been reinstated?
- How much does COBRA cost?
- Where do I make my COBRA payment?
- When is my COBRA payment due?
- Are electronic payments available?
- How long is coverage?
- When can I make a change to my COBRA election?