2020-2021 School Year
Saddleback Valley Unified School District offers limited busing to specific school sites. Annual bus pass sales begin May 25, 2020 and end June 26, 2020. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis. The Transportation Department will make every effort to process each application and provide every student with a bus pass; however, our schools have limited bus seating capacity available. Students who do not receive a pass due to over capacity will be placed on a wait list in the order received.
If you are applying for a bus pass after June 26, 2020, you will receive an email within 72 hours to inform you of your application status.
The bus pass application is now online under Bus Pass Instructions and Application. Payment is not required at time of application. Payment is required when your student is assigned to a bus. Eligibility guidelines for a reduced or free bus pass are provided under General Information.
Application assistance for parents of Linda Vista and San Joaquin Elementary students is available from the school site. Please contact your school directly.
Please review bus pass purchasing instructions and bus rules prior to completing your application.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Transportation for Hybrid Learning 2020-2021
When Saddleback Valley Unified School District schools reopen for hybrid learning on September 29, the district will provide limited transportation as in previous years, with new safety measures in place for COVID-19.
These changes include:
· Fewer students on each bus
· Assigned seating
· Students load in order, from the back of the bus to the front
· Students seated one to a seat unless with a sibling or in the same household
· Students required to wear face masks at all times unless medically prohibited
· Driver will wear PPEs (mask may be removed while driving for safety reasons)
· Windows open to provide fresh air
· Students unload from the front of the bus to the back
· Students dropped off at school within minutes of school start time, and leave immediately after ending bell rings
· Bus high touch areas sanitized between routes and disinfected daily
It is extremely important that parents and guardians take their students’ temperature and check for any symptoms of illness at home before they leave for the bus stop every day. Students should remain at home if illness is suspected.