El Toro High School - Facility Needs Assessment and Plan
About El Toro
El Toro High School is located in the city of Lake Forest, educating students 9th through 12th grade. The school opened its doors in 1974. El Toro High School’s mission is to provide all students with a rigorous, standards-based curriculum in a safe learning environment with an excellent extracurricular program, to enable students to reach their highest potential and equip them with skills for success in their future.
Top 5 reasons why El Toro’s students, parents and staff are proud to call themselves Chargers:
- Diversity - Students and staff at El Toro are true global citizens that create welcoming, respectful learning environments that promote access and opportunity for all.
- Service Before Self - Students at El Toro thrive on putting others before themselves and giving back to those that are less fortunate. Community service is an integral part of what makes the Chargers a higher grade of student.
- Excellence in Education - As a 21st century high school, El Toro is committed to preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s world.
- Superior Athletics - Students that choose to take part in El Toro’s rich athletic programs are offered world class coaches and programs that instill values such as hard work, responsibility, and discipline.
- School Spirit - Named a finalist for America’s Most Spirited High School, and ranked one of the Top Student Sections in Southern California.
The Master Planners met with El Toro's administration, teachers, parents and students to identify the school's facilities needs. An evaluation of the site was also performed by the architects and engineers. Listed below are the notes and meeting dates that have been held at El Toro so far.