School Choice Intra-District Transfer
The School Choice Intra-District Transfer is the process for SVUSD residents who want to transfer their student to another school within SVUSD. This includes students who receive Special Education Services in Specialized Programs.
Para español, haga clic en la selección de idioma en la derecha esquina superior de la aplicación
Elementary School Choice
The Elementary School Choice application window will be open from:
December 4, 2023 through December 22, 2023.
This is for incoming Kinder - 6th grade students for the 2024-2025 School Year.
Foothill Ranch Elementary School is open to SIBLINGS ONLY.
Secondary School Choice
The Secondary School Choice application window will be open from:
January 8, 2024 through January 26, 2024.
This is for incoming 7th - 12th grade students for the 2024-2025 School Year
All schools are open.
School Choice Intra-District Transfer only applies to students who live within the Saddleback Valley Unified School District attendance boundaries. Requests for placement will not be done on a first-come, first-serve basis, instead will be approved using an unbiased random Lottery selection process and only if space is available at the school requested. This is the only process in which to request a transfer from your school of residence.
If you live outside of the SVUSD you will need to apply for an Inter-District Transfer from your resident district.
Please complete one application per student.
- Students may request a 1st and 2nd choice of schools.
- Once the application is approved the choice school will become your school of residence throughout the level, K-6, 7-8, 9-12. The district is unable to hold a space for your student at more than one school. Please give this consideration before submitting a School Choice Intra-District Transfer application.
- IF YOUR STUDENT IS NOT CURRENTLY ATTENDING SCHOOL IN SVUSD you will need to attach a current electric, gas, water bill or a rental/mortgage statement which clearly indicates your current address. (Your application will not be processed without this.)
- Elementary (entering grades K-6) Notification: Status letters will be mailed home on January 29, 2024. Elementary applications will be approved or denied. No waitlist will be established.
- Secondary (entering grades 7-12) Notification: Status letters will be mailed home on February 26, 2024. Secondary applications will be approved or denied. No waitlist will be established.
If you have further questions, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1. My child is in 9th grade at X school. X school is not our resident school any longer, can my child stay at X school for 10th grade?
- 2. I was approved this year (for the 23-24 school year) for my child to attend X school. Do I need to reapply again for the 24-25 school year?
- 3. Our 3rd grade student attends X school through the School Choice process, we now have an incoming Kindergarten student, do they need to apply for School Choice at School X?
- 4. My children attend X School but we just moved into Y school attendance area. Do we need to apply through the school choice process to remain at X School?
- 5. We have been attending X School, but now we live in the Capistrano Unified School District boundaries. Do we apply through School Choice to remain at X school?
- 6. We did not get our 1st Choice approved, however we were approved for our 2nd Choice school. Can we change our mind and stay at our resident school?
- 7. If my child is placed at X school in an Special Day Class (SDC) class but will be exited from the program next year, can my child automatically remain at X school?