Please be advised you must provide documentation to support the reason for the requested transfer.
CHILD CARE NEEDS (K-6):
- A letter from your child care provider verifying the providers name, address, telephone number, and hours of child care.
- Copy of paystub or a letter from employer indicating hours of employment and work location on company letterhead.
- Transcripts verifying previous participation or correspondence from current school confirming continuing enrollment in the requested specialized program.
2020-2021 Schools closed to applications are:
- Foothill Ranch Elementary
Please complete the INTER District Transfer Request and drop it off in the receptionist area of the SVUSD Office.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to working with you.
We will start accepting Inter-District Transfer Applications for the 2020-2021 school year on April 13, 2020
The Inter-District Transfer process applies to those parents who wish their children to attend school in a district other than their resident district. All Inter-District Transfer requests must be initiated in the district of residence. Inter-District Transfers are valid for one year only and must be renewed annually. An approved Inter-District Transfer must be in effect between the district of residence and the school district of desired attendance before a student can attend the desired school.
The following conditions apply:
- When a students' residence is changed, the parent or guardian shall notify the school of the change in residence.
- Transportation if needed shall be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Childcare, if needed, shall be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Students admitted to SVUSD under the Inter-District Transfer process shall be assigned to schools where space is available at the discretion and determination of SVUSD administration.
- All students and schools are subject to all California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) athletic eligibility rules and regulations. Approved transfers should not be understood to mean that any CIF rules or regulations have been waived.
- A student, parent, or guardian found to have given a false address and/or other pertinent data as a basis for enrollment in any school in the district shall have the transfer revoked. The revocation shall be immediate and notice promptly given to the student and parent/guardian.
- If an INTER District transfer request is denied, you have the opportunity to appeal the decision to OCDE within 30 calendar days.
- The transfer committee will consider transfer requests based on the date the request was submitted and the reasons given for requesting the transfer. If the transfer is denied, the parent will receive a denial letter from Student Services.
- Transfers will be granted based on space availability. Students requesting specific program, not available at their resident school, will be given priority as will students who are in good standing academics and conduct.
- SVUSD reserves the right to deny transfer requests or release students for the following reasons: adverse impact on ethnic balance; insufficient state aid; lack of documentation concerning employment within the identified district; lack of facilities either district wide or in a specific attendance/school; lack of suitable or impacted special education programs; student history of unsatisfactory attendance; scholarship.
- INTER District attendance agreements shall be non-tuition unless Federal Impact Aid is involved. Under a non-tuition agreement, the financial apportionment for regular education students shall be credited to the district of attendance and not the district of residence.
Special Education Students:
- With regard to Inter-District transfer of special education programs, funding agreements between districts shall be in accordance with the AB 602 funding model. This transfer does not authorize release of special education funds to the receiving district from SVUSD.