Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
The South Orange County Special Education Local Plan Area (SOC SELPA) CAC seeks to join together parents, educators, lawmakers, service providers and other community members who want to make a difference in the education of all students. The CAC is here to inform and support with the goal of improving and protecting the education of our children.
We are always looking for new CAC members and volunteers. If you are interested in becoming a voting member or volunteer, please fill out our CAC Participation Application Form.
“Childhood is not a race to see how quickly a child can read, write and count. It is a small window of time to learn and develop at the pace that is right for each individual child.”
– Magda Gerber
Please join us for our next CAC Meeting. We have found a more central location for our CAC families to access from both SVUSD and LBUSD. Both our regular meeting and Parent Education will be held in the LHHS Library starting at 5:00 pm, Parent Education to follow directly after the meeting (6:00 pm). You will find the agenda, map and meeting details in the Community Advisory Committee Meetings accordion below. Please see the attached flyer for Parent Education details.
- 2022-2023 Local Plan Submission
- The Ralph M. Brown Act
- CAC Bylaws
- CAC Meeting Schedule - 2022-2023 English
- CAC Meeting Schedule - 2022-2023 Spanish
- California Community Advisory Committee Guide (Formerly the Parent Handbook)
- CAC Voting Members - Term limits 2022-2023
- Parent Education - Designated Instructional Services Provider Video
- Parent Education - We Need Your Feedback
- Resources - Special Education Acronyms