District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
A LEA with 51 or more English learners has a functioning DELAC or a subcommittee of an existing district committee in which at least 51 percent of the members are parents (not employed by the district) of English learners. Under the LCFF, districts with at least 50 English learners and whose total enrollment includes at least 15% English learners must establish a DELAC, and that DELAC must carry out specific responsibilities related to the LCAP.
The DELAC shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners.
- Conducting of a district wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district goals and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
DELAC Meeting Dates
- September 02, 2021
- November 04, 2021
- February 24, 2022
- May 05, 2022
2020-2021 School Year
- September 2020 : Agenda: Special DELAC Meeting to review and provide input for SVUSD Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. Minutes;
- November 2020: Agenda; Minutes
- January 2021 Agenda; Minutes
- March 2021; Agenda; Minutes
- May 2021: English Spanish