District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
A LEA with 51 or more English learners has a functioning DELAC or a subcommittee of an existing district committee in which at least 51 percent of the members are parents (not employed by the district) of English learners. Under the LCFF, districts with at least 50 English learners and whose total enrollment includes at least 15% English learners must establish a DELAC, and that DELAC must carry out specific responsibilities related to the LCAP.
The DELAC shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners.
- Conducting of a district wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district goals and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
DELAC Meeting Dates
Meeting ID: 946 1141 2669
Password: SVUSDDELACWe are using the interpreting feature, please DO NOT use a chrome to connect to be able to hear the meeting in Spanish.
Estaremos utilizando la función de interpretación, por favor NO use un chromebook para
conectarse para poder escuchar la reunión en Español.
*September 3, 2020
November 12, 2020
January 21, 2021
March 25, 2021
May 6, 2021
*Special DELAC Meeting to review and solicit input for the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. The Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan (Learning Continuity Plan) is a key part of the overall budget package for K-12 that seeks to address funding stability for schools while providing information at the local educational agency (LEA) level for how student learning continuity will be addressed during the COVID-19 crisis in the 2020–21 school year.
2020-2021 School Year
- September 2020 : Agenda: Special DELAC Meeting to review and provide input for SVUSD Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. Minutes;
- November 2020: Agenda; Minutes
- January 2021 Agenda; Minutes
- March 2021; Agenda; Minutes