SVUSD Statement Regarding Kid’s Factory, Lake Forest
The Saddleback Valley Unified School District has had a long standing relationship with the Cities of Mission Viejo and Lake Forest as a contractor to offer Kid’s Factory programs for grades 1-6 to the residents of Mission Viejo and Lake Forest.
Earlier this year, understanding the fiscal uncertainty facing the District, the Cities, and families, the District presented the Cities with a number of proposals to decrease City spending on the Kid’s Factory programs. The City of Mission Viejo worked with the District to reach an agreement that continues to provide the program at an increased cost to participants of $300 for the year in Mission Viejo schools. Unfortunately, the City of Lake Forest decided to discontinue the program for financial reasons.
Lake Forest families in need of after school care should make alternate arrangements for the 2020-2021 school year. As an option, the District TLC program operates at all elementary schools; more information on TLC can be found at: https://www.svusd.org/departments/child-care-services/tlc-child-care-programs.
Kids Factory is a fun drop-in recreation program offering recreational activities including crafts, games, sports, special event days and more! Kid's Factory is funded by the City of Mission Viejo and conducted by SVUSD Community Services staff. Kids Factory is designed for elementary school children entering grades K-6 (summer is for children entering grades 1-6) and should not be considered an accredited child-care program. Kids Factory operates on school days only and is subject to cancellation due to weather.
Mission Viejo Kids Factory
For additional information please call 949-460-2777 or email email@example.com
Kids Factory Policies
- All participants must register and have an emergency card on file in order to participate in the program.
- Parents/Authorized pick ups must present id to staff upon pick up.
- Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from the program. Staff is not allowed to transport children. A late fee will be assessed for all late pick ups.
- Participants designated as walk home must be in 5th grade or higher or walking home with someone in 5th grade or higher. Walk home participants must leave the premises at the close of the program, staff will remain with any participants that are on campus and a late fee will be assessed.
- Kids Factory does not allow personal items during program hours and does not take responsibility for lost, broken, or stolen items. Personal items include, but are not limited to: cell phones, electronic devices, and toys, all personal items are to be kept in the participant's backpack or at home.
- During the school year program it is the participant's responsibility to arrive and sign in within 15 minutes of school dismissal in order to participate.
- Participants are expected to stay with the leaders and participate in provided activities.
- A late fee will be assessed at the rate of $15.00 per each 15 minutes that the child is picked up late. This fee must be paid before the child can return to Kid’s Factory. If a participant is picked up late three times they will be subject to dismissal from the program.
Now Hiring for School Year!
If you are interested in working for Kid's Factory for the School Year please select the link below.