Are you a new student or continuing student to SVUSD?
- A new student is someone who will attend any school in SVUSD for the first time in August 2017.
- A continuing student is someone who attended any school in SVUSD during the 2016-2017 school year.
- New Students
- All Students: Data Confirmation
- Create a Parent Portal Account
- Diablo Daze
- Calendar & Important Dates
Welcome to MVHS! Enrolling and getting your classes at the high school for the first time can be confusing. This page can help explain how it all works. Start by viewing the Incoming Freshman Information Night flyer and the Freshman Handbook using the links on the right. Additional resources can be found at the bottom of this page. GO DIABLOS!!!
SVUSD 8th graders are assigned to their classes after the following processes take place:
1. Students are recommended to 9th grade classes based upon their current courses in 8th grade and upon 2nd Trimester grades and class performance data.
2. Recommended courses are printed on a registration form for each student and parent to view.
3. MVHS Counselors visit each intermediate school in April to explain the registration process and distribute registration materials and the registration form.
4. Parents and Students attend Freshman Parent Information Night at the annual MVHS Open House to learn more about course choices and elective classes.
5. Immediately after Open House, 8th graders return their course choices with parent signature to their Intermediate School.
6. MVHS Student Service Technicians go to each school and meet with each student to confirm their course choices and make any necessary corrections.
7. MVHS SSTs enter the course choices into the computer system where they are tallied for the building of the master schedule and later used by the computer scheduler to place students in specific class sections during the summer.
8. Student course schedules are distributed for the first time at Diablo Daze registration week at the end of August.
All families must complete On-Line Data Confirmation prior to Diablo Daze. If you are unable to attend Diablo Daze, please complete Data Confirmation prior to the first day of school and bring your printed forms and postcard on the first day.
An SVUSD Parent Portal Account (not a Student Account) is required to register. All Data Confirmation paperwork will be completed on-line and brought to Diablo Daze. There will be no packet pick-up this year. Please follow the steps below to complete the Data Confirmation process and to prepare your forms and transactions for Diablo Daze Registration.
Step 1 - Parent Portal Account
If you already have an active Parent Portal Account, proceed to the next step. If you do not already have a Parent Portal Account, create an SVUSD Parent Portal Account through the SVUSD Family Portal.
Step 2 - Data Confirmation
Visit the Aeries Parent Portal. Follow all prompts and tabs within the Data Confirmation pages to confirm or correct your student's data.
You must log in using a Parent Portal account to have access to Data Confirmation. If you do not see the yellow highlighted "Student Data Confirmation Process Click Here" link at the top of the Home Portal page, you are logged in as a student, not as a parent.
To see the linked Parent Portal accounts for your student
- Click on the Student Information tab at the top of the Portal page
- Choose the Profile drop down tab
- Scroll to the bottom of that page for the list of all linked portals
- Log in using a Parent Portal
In the Data Confirmation window, you will do the following:
- Review and update demographic and emergency contacts and medical information
- Print and sign the required forms on both the Documents tab & the MVHS Diablo Daze Documents link
- Return to parent portal to complete the data confirmation process
Step 3 - Diablo Daze
Bring the Diablo Daze Checklist/Instruction to Diablo Daze on your assigned date and time with the following:
- Postcard (REQUIRED)
- Signed Emergency Card (REQUIRED)
- Signed Data Confirmation Parent/Student Signature Form (REQUIRED)
- McKinney-Vento Assistance Form (REQUIRED)
- MVHS School Dance Contract (REQUIRED)
- Optional Forms/Flyers with any necessary payment
Step 4 - 1st Day of School
Get ready for the first day of school! Monday, August 28. Read or print out the following information that includes the schedule for the first day:
The SVUSD Family Portal is a secure and private online resource that provides access to your child's emergency contact list, grades (from participating teachers), report cards, and test scores.
You will need the following information to complete your account creation:
- Student's permanent six-digit ID number
- Home Phone (must match the submitted home phone from AIR)
- Verification Passcode (VPC Code) - Can be found on student grade report mailed home or contact the guidance office.
- Computer access to the SVUSD Family Portal webpage. You can access the page from the SVUSD Homepage or by using the following link: SVUSD FAMILY PORTAL
Quick Steps to Create a Family Portal Account
- You must have a valid email address to use the Family Portal. If you do not have one, please create an account using any service online and return back to start the process
- From the Family Portal icon, select "Create New Account" and follow the additional steps
- Account type - select Parent Account (you must have a parent account to complete the data confirmation and re-registration process)
- Account information - enter and verify your email address and create/verify a password
- Confirm your email account - go to your email inbox and retrieve the confirmation email along with the "Verification Code.
- When you create your account, you will receive an email verification code.
- This is sometimes confused with the VPC.
- The email verification code simply confirms that you are actually attempting to create an account.
- The VPC is a unique identifier for your student
- Emergency Contact Verification - once your student has been added to your account, choose the record that represents you and your Family Portal account will be updated
- You are now ready to complete the online Data Confirmation when the you receive notice that the confirmation period has begun.
Diablo Daze Postcards
Diablo Daze postcards will be mailed in late July to remind families to complete Data Confirmation. You must present this postcard at Diablo Daze, along with the materials you print during Data Confirmation. If you do not receive a postcard prior to Diablo Daze, please contact your Student Services Technician to verify address information.
Diablo Daze Schedule
- Tuesday, August 15 - Seniors, Fall Varsity Sports, Band/Color Guard
- Wednesday, August 16 - Juniors & Sophomores, JV Football
- Thursday, August 17 - Freshmen, Freshmen Football
Seniors (August 15)
|A - Be||Bi - Ca||Ce - D||E - Go|
|Gr - Ho||Hu - Le||Li - Mc||Me - N|
|O - Ra||Re - Sh||Si - U||V - Z|
Plus Fall Varsity Sports from 7:30-8:00 am; Band/Color Guard from 8:00-8:30 am
Juniors (August 16)
|A - B||C - Di||Dj - Go|
|Gr - J||K - Ma||Mc - N|
|O - Ri||Ro - S||T - Z|
Sophomores (August 16)
|A - B||C - D||E - Go|
|Gr - I||J - Ma||Mc - N|
|O - Ro||Ru - S||T - Z|
Plus JV Football from 7:30-8:00 am
Freshmen (August 17)
|A - Be||Bi - Cl||Co - D||E - Go|
|Gr - I||J - Li||Lo - me||Mi - N|
|O - P||Q - Se||Sh - U||V - Z|
Plus Freshmen Football from 7:30-8:00 am