Policies & Procedures
DISTRICT HOMEWORK POLICYAt the beginning of each school year, the principal will inform his/her parent community of the District make-up policy. Included in the information shared with the parent/guardian will be the following:
- Students shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed, which can be reasonably provided during an excused absence. This includes Independent Study contracts.
- Students may be allowed to complete school work missed during an unexcused absence at the discretion of the classroom teacher.
- Students will not be allowed to make up work missed during a truancy.
- The student has the responsibility to make arrangements with the classroom teacher for make-up work. Upon parent request the classroom teacher will provide information on make-up during the student absence in a reasonable and timely manner. The teacher will use the following make-up schedule in determining the minimal amount of time the student will be allowed for make-up assignments.
- A student will be allowed two (2) days for each day of absence to make up assignments and/or tests given during the period of absence.
- Assignments made prior to an absence will be given no additional time but are due on the day the student returns to class. Additional time may be given at the classroom teacher’s discretion. The exception to this rule is the high school term paper which will be due on the original due date when advance notice of the due date has been given by the classroom teacher.
- Classroom lab-type activity assignments shall be made up through individual arrangement with the classroom teacher. Arrangements for a make-up activity shall be made within two (2) days of a student’s return to school.