Are you a new student or continuing student to SVUSD?
- A new student is someone who will attend any school in SVUSD for the first time in August 2017.
- A continuing student is someone who attended any school in SVUSD during the 2016-2017 school year.
- New Students
- All Students: Data Confirmation
- All Students: Hawk Walk (On Campus)
- Hawk Walk Info and FAQ
- LHHS- Specific Documents
Step One: Collect documents
Gather the following documentation, required for all new student registration:
- Two proofs of address (current gas, electric or water bill – no phone bills or credit statements, please). Utility bills must be in the parent or guardian/caregiver’s name. If the utility bills are not in the parent or guardian/caregiver’s name, a Co-Residency Affidavit Form, provided by the school, is required.
- A copy of the student’s current transcript (cannot be placed or registered into classes without). Credit will only be accepted from the previous school if it is accredited by one of the United States regional accreditation agencies.
- Check-Out/Withdrawal Form from the student’s previous school.
- A copy of the student’s immunization record or yellow immunization card. Please note: effective September 10, 2010, state law requires that all students have the pertussis booster prior to attending school in California.
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Print out of the completed Online Student Enrollment (Step 2)
- Guardianship or Caregiver Affidavit Form – If the student is not living with their parent(s).
- If your child is currently taking honors classes at a private school and you’d like them to be considered for honors classes at LHHS, you’ll need a letter of recommendation from his or her current honors-level teacher(s)
Step Two: Register on Air
Log on to Aeries Online Enrollment and follow the prompts, entering data related to your student. Once you’ve completed the on-line registration process, you’ll need to print two copies; bring one to your registration appointment and keep the other for your records.
Step Three: Make an appointment with your Student Services Technician (SST)
Bring all documentation listed above to your appointment at Laguna Hills High School:
If you are registering a student for 2017-2018 school year please contact your Student Services Technician below to schedule an appointment.
|Student Assignment by Last Name||SST||Counselor E-mail||Counselor Office #|
A - Gar (grades 9 - 12)
|Mrs. Rina Kennedy||Rina.Kennedy@svusd.org||949.770.5447 ext. 4144|
|Gas - Pen (grades 9 -12)||Mrs. Theresa Hadley||Theresa.Hadley@svusd.org||949.770.5447 ext.|
|Peo-Z (grades 9 -12)||Mrs. Heather Breshears||Heather.Breshears@svusd.org||949-770.5447 ext. 7147|
We will be unable to process your registration without the documents listed above. Student and parent must both attend the registration session.
Step 4: Finally, refer to the All Students: Hawk Walk (On Campus) and All Students: Data Confirmation tabs located on the Enrollment page for more information on Hawk Walk and Data Confirmation.
Please follow the steps below to complete the Data Confirmation process and to prepare your forms and transactions for Hawk Walk Registration.
Step 1 - Parent Portal Account
If you already have an active Parent Portal Account, proceed to the next step. If you do not already have a Parent Portal Account, create an SVUSD Parent Portal Account through the SVUSD Family Portal. An SVUSD Parent Portal Account (not a Student Account) is required to register. (See Step 1 below.) All Data Confirmation paperwork will be completed on-line and brought to Hawk Walk.
NOTE: it is common for parents to use the Family Portal with a STUDENT account unknowingly, but they need to use their PARENT account instead of a student account for Data Confirmation.
How do I know if I have a Parent account in Family Portal? When logged into your Family Portal account, go to the Profile tab. Check the Linked Portal Account email area for the email and type of account. Type P is Parent account and Type S is a student account.
Step 2 - Receive postcard about LHHS Packet Pick-up / Hawk Walk (mailed late July)
As in all previous years, you will receive a postcard in the mail. This postcard will be your ticket to Packet Pick-up. It will also detail important Hawk Walk information and dates.
Step 3 - Data Confirmation (opens July 31)
Complete DATA CONFIRMATION. Go to the AERIES Family Portal. Follow all prompts and tabs within the Data Confirmation pages to confirm or correct your student's data. (Use Helpful Screenshot Instructions if needed.) In the Data Confirmation window, you will need to do the following:
- Review and update demographic and emergency contacts and medical information
- Print and sign the required forms
- Return to parent portal to complete the data confirmation process
Note: Some families started the Data Confirmation process but did not complete the last step which is "Authorization". Parents have reported that checkboxes are missing in Data Confirmation when viewing the Authorizations and/or Documents tab. This issue can be resolved by scrolling or zooming within their Internet Browser or maximizing the browser window:
- in Google Chrome, scroll to the right
- in Safari , “Zoom Out”
- in Firefox, use the View menu and “Zoom Out”
- in IE 11, use View menu and “Zoom down to 100%”
Step 4 - Packet Pick-up (on August 8-9, 8am-12pm in the front office)
Bring your yellow postcard to Packet Pick-Up, then when you've completed the forms bring them to Hawk Walk on your assigned date and time
Step 5 - LHHS Webstore Purchases (optional, open starting approximately August 9)
Starting August 10, you can purchase ASB materials such as ASB card, locks, and PE clothes online via the LHHS Webstore (the Hawk Webstore link is located on the LHHS website). Bring your Hawk Webstore receipt to Hawk Walk to receive your purchased items. You can also purchase these items in person at Hawk Walk using a credit card or cash (no checks).
Step 6 - Hawk Walk (on August 15-16, see posted schedule for your date and time)
Bring the Hawk Walk Checklist / Instructions to Hawk Walk on your assigned date and time with the following:
- Postcard (ONLY if Packet was not picked up on August 8-9)
- Signed Data Confirmation printout / Emergency Card (REQUIRED)
- Signed Annual Notification to Parents/Guardians Signature Card (REQUIRED)
- McKinney-Vento Assistance Form (REQUIRED)
- LHHS School Dance Contract (REQUIRED)
- Hawk Webstore receipt (required only if you made purchases
- Optional Forms/Flyers from your Packet with any necessary payment
Step 7 - 1st Day of School
Get Ready for the first day of school! Monday, August 28. Read or print out the following information that includes the schedule for the first day:
(These links will be updated soon!)
- Principal's Welcome
- Opening Day Instructions
- Dress Code
- Bell Schedule
- District Calendar
- School Map
Hawk Walk Postcards
HAWK WALK postcards will be mailed in late July to remind families to complete DATA CONFIRMATION.
YOU MUST PRESENT THE POSTCARD AT PACKET PICK-UP ON AUGUST 8-9. If you do not receive a postcard prior to Hawk Walk, please contact your Student Services Technician to verify address information.
Packet Pick-up & Hawk Walk Schedule
- August 8 & 9 (8:00 am - 12:00 pm:) Packet Pick-up in front of LHHS (AND Room 515 open for parent portal and email assistance)
- August 15 & 16 (7:30 am - 1:00 pm): Hawk Walk at LHHS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 15
|7:30||8:00||9:00 - 10:00||10:00 - 11:00||11:00 - 12:00||12:00 - 1:00|
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16
|7:30 - 9:00||9:00 - 10:00||10:00 - 11:30||11:30 - 1:00|
|A-B, G-L||C-F, J-L||A-B, G-L||C-F, J-L|
|M-O, T-V||P-S, W-Z||M-O, T-V||P-S, W-Z|
- 2017-18 Important Hawk Walk Information
- 2017-18 Hawk Walk FAQs
- How to create a parent portal account (English and Spanish)
- 2017-18 Información Importante sobre el evento Hawk Walk
- 2017-18 Preguntas frecuentes sobre inscripción en Hawk Walk
- Hawk Walk 2017 Horario de Inscripción
- Data Confirmation Instructions
All required and optional LHHS-specific forms and documents will be available only during "Packet Pick-up" on August 8-9 from 8am-12pm in the front of LHHS.
Bring your yellow postcard or 2 proofs of address (current gas, electric or water bill - no phone or cable bills) to Packet Pick-up.
This is where you will receive your required and optional LHHS forms to bring to Hawk Walk.