School Site Council
The overall responsibility of the School Site Council is to serve as the school community representative body for determining the focus of the school's academic instructional program and all related categorical resources. The Council meets twice each year to analyze and evaluate the academic achievement of all students in the school.
School Site Council Responsibilities include:
- obtain recommendations from school site advisory, standing, and special committees regarding the focus of the school's Single Plan for Student Achievement
- develop and approve the school plan and all proposed expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- recommend the school plan including related budget expenditures to the local governing board
- provide ongoing monitoring of the implementation of the plan and budgets/expenditures
- revise the school plan, including expenditures, timelines, and evaluation criteria, as needed
- participate in all local, state, and federal reviews of the school's program for compliance and quality
- encourage board representation of parents, community members, teachers and students, if appropriate, including all socioeconomic, ethnic, and programmatic groups represented in the school in leadership roles and in the activities of the school site council
- carry out all other duties assigned to the council by the district governing board and by state or federal law
The School Site Council term is a two year commitment with staggered elections so that at any given time there are new and experienced members. At this time there is 2 parent position open on the SSC. One of these positions must be filled by a member of our ELAC (English Learner Advisory Comm.). Any elected parent may fill the remaining position. The elected term is for the Fall 2017 through Spring 2018. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please nominate yourself using the link/form below. Elections will take place the week of September 11, 2017. Ballots will be available in the office. Please stop by to cast your vote.