The SVUSD Virtual Academy will provide a flexible, engaging, and innovative student-centered experience that prepares students to thrive in a globally interconnected, rapidly evolving, and technological environment.
Students become productive and engaged citizens when they are challenged cognitively and mentored social-emotionally while inspired and taught to work critically, creatively and collaboratively as part of a learning community. The SVUSD Virtual Academy will:
- Actively engage all students through participatory learning, meaningful projects, and challenging real world problems;
- Teach and model social and emotional intelligence;
- Prepare students to work and live in an ever-evolving technological environment that rewards an understanding of technology, adaptation, and social skills;
- Encourage students to explore their individual curiosity and purpose;
- Produce critical thinkers who can analyze and evaluate information to communicate evidence based conclusions;
- Model and teach continuous adaptation and innovation based on research, best practices, and future oriented thinking;
- Embrace equity and diversity by fostering a school culture of safety, inclusion, empathy, curiosity, acceptance, and respect.