You will need the following information to complete your account creation:
- Student's permanent six-digit ID number
- Home Phone (must match the submitted home phone from AIR)
- Verification Passcode (VPC Code) (Can be found on student grade report mailed home or contact the guidance office.)
- Computer access to the SVUSD Family Portal webpage. You can access the page from the SVUSD Homepage or by using the following link: SVUSD FAMILY PORTAL
Quick Steps to Create a Family Portal Account
- You must have a valid email address to use the Family Portal. If you do not have one, please create an account using any service online and return back to start the process
- From the Family Portal icon, select "Create New Account" and follow the additional steps
- Account type - select Parent Account (you must have a parent account to complete the data confirmation and re-registration process)
- Account information - enter and verify your email address and create/verify a password
- Confirm your email account - go to your email inbox and retrieve the confirmation email along with the "Verification Code.
- When you create your account, you will receive an email verification code.
- This is sometimes confused with the VPC.
- The email verification code simply confirms that you are actually attempting to create an account.
- The VPC is a unique identifier for your student
- Emergency Contact Verification - once your student has been added to your account, choose the record that represents you and your Family Portal account will be updated
- You are now ready to complete the online Data Confirmation when the you receive notice that the confirmation period has begun.
TWO IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:
How do I know if I have a Parent account in Family Portal?
When logged into your Family Portal account, go to the Profile tab. Check the Linked Portal Account email area for the email and type of account. Type P is Parent account and Type S is a student account.
What if I already have a Student account in Family Portal?
You will need to use a different email address and create a PARENT account. The Student account is a “view” only. The Parent account will allow you to complete Data Confirmation and update your child’s information.