65+ Health Benefits
SVUSD sponsors a Medicare Supplement plan for retirees who are age 65 and over. Click through the below tabs for more information.
- General Info
- Who is eligible?
- What is the cost?
- What services and doctors are covered?
- How do I enroll?
- My spouse and I are enrolling in the Hartford. What coverage options do my dependent children have?
- My spouse is under 65, but already enrolled in Medicare. Is he/she eligible?
Beginning January 1, 2017, the District will offer a Medicare Supplement plan through The Hartford for retirees and their spouse/domestic partner age 65 and older. The plan includes coverage for medical, prescription, hearing, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture services. While this is a District sponsored plan, enrollment, billing questions, etc. should be directed to Benistar Admin Services (see "Contact" tab below). In addition, retirees are responsible for 100% of the benefit premium.
In order to be eligible for The Hartford plan, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Age 65 or Older
- Enrolled in Medicare Part A and B
- Currently enrolled in SVUSD's active group health plan, retiree group health plan, or COBRA medical coverage.
Please be advised that applicants are only eligible if moving directly from a SVUSD medical plan to The Hartford. Spouses looking to enroll must meet all the same requirements.
Rates for The Hartford are broken down by age. The rates below include coverage for medical, prescription, hearing, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture. These rates do not include the cost of Medicare enrollment.
- Age 65-69 $370.35
- Age 70-74 $402.34
- Age 75-79 $433.81
- Age 80+ $444.07
- Age 65-69 $377.35
- Age 70-74 $409.34
- Age 75-79 $440.81
- Age 80+ $451.07
Please note, applicants may only enroll in the full package, and cannot enroll in just prescription or just medical.
Dependent children are not eligible to enroll in the Hartford. All dependents will be offered the opportunity to enroll in COBRA once their coverage on an SVUSD active or retiree plan ends. SVUSD does not offer any additional coverage options for dependent children, however, they may wish to explore coverage options through the insurance market place by visiting Covered California.
For Enrollment, Eligibility, and Billing, contact:
BENISTAR Admin Services
- 10 Tower Lane, First Floor, Avon, CT 06001
- 800-236-4782, Press 1
- 5:30 am-3:00 pm
For Customer Service/Claims, contact:
- PO Box 1928, Grapevine, TX 76099
For Prescription Drug Customer Service/Claims, contact:
- Attn: Med-D Accounts, PO BOX 66752, St Louis, MO 63196-6752
For Mail Order Perscription:
- PO Box 66773, St Louis, MO 63166-6773
- Physician: 888-327-9791
- Fax: 800-357-9577
- Prior Authorization: 800-935-6103